Zen internet FTTP package upgrades...

Soldato
OP
The ONT we have is a 1 port version
but yet we are still waiting, and no communication since monday from zen internet.... currently on the 300 speed band, i tried looking up TalkTalk to do there speed check and they cant even locate my ONT lol error on there website everytime i select my address.
same for there online chat lol though i did try this check with them 2-3-4-5 months ago and was the same issue, and hasnt been fixed hahaha

anyway still waiting ahhh lol :)

Soldato
OP
This is very weird, ive been told zen cant supply services if you dont have a port 2 on the ONT, the plot thickens, i had a 1 port unit installed yesterday and zen wouldnt work?
My case manager has emailed me finally and said he hasnt had the time to look at the finer details of my case as his work load is so big, ive replied and informed him im not happy.

Are you sure ? cause i have the 1 port ONT installed also its probably the reason why i cant get my regrade complete ??? its possible this is the cause ??? are you sure ? cause i have the 300/50 working just fine with this ONT... with Zen ...

If i require a new ONT im going to need to phone up and request one this is weird as this is a new build building im in i shouldnt need a new ONT the house is like 9 months old and this ONT was installed when we moved into the house, brand new.

Soldato
Are you sure ? cause i have the 1 port ONT installed also its probably the reason why i cant get my regrade complete ??? its possible this is the cause ??? are you sure ? cause i have the 300/50 working just fine with this ONT... with Zen ...

If i require a new ONT im going to need to phone up and request one this is weird as this is a new build building im in i shouldnt need a new ONT the house is like 9 months old and this ONT was installed when we moved into the house, brand new.

it seems as if for some its working with the 1 port ONT which is a contrast to whjat ive been told and seen in my house, This must be something to do with how they have provided services to me and seemingly they cant sort it out.
The 1 port ONT box is the best to be on as its the newest and most compatible from what ive been told.
I received this via email, even though ive requested a cancellation of the order now.

ZkKfXwi.jpg

Soldato
OP
it seems as if for some its working with the 1 port ONT which is a contrast to whjat ive been told and seen in my house, This must be something to do with how they have provided services to me and seemingly they cant sort it out.
The 1 port ONT box is the best to be on as its the newest and most compatible from what ive been told.
I received this via email, even though ive requested a cancellation of the order now.

ZkKfXwi.jpg

Seems like the same recorded message i got from there automated system cause its defo a copy and paste reply lol
btw you should not cancel your order though cause according to zen this issue with open reach portal is wide spread issue and its affecting all ISP`s from placing new orders.....
hence why i didnt cancel mine as i was about to when i phoned this morning but unsure now that its a wize choice to cancel :/

Soldato
Seems like the same recorded message i got from there automated system cause its defo a copy and paste reply lol
btw you should not cancel your order though cause according to zen this issue with open reach portal is wide spread issue and its affecting all ISP`s from placing new orders.....
hence why i didnt cancel mine as i was about to when i phoned this morning but unsure now that its a wise choice to cancel :/

Well i guess we will see, does this effect new orders with other companies i can tell you very soon. Ive ordered 900mb service with BT just now and they are changing my ONT box for me and go live date is currently the 7th august.
Normally its quicker than that but they wanted to be sure the engineer has had time to change the ONT box before it goes live.
I have had issues with BT and charging for stuff ive never had etc in the past but the way Zen have treated me is shocking so far.

Soldato
OP
I have had a update from ZEN regarding this issue.

-----------------------

Provisioning - SB&R - Customer Services
14:53 (35 minutes ago)
cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

to me
cleardot.gif

Good afternoon,

The issue itself lies with Openreach and has already been raised to the specific contacts within Openreach to investigate the issue.

We have now been advised that due to a recent update of their ordering portal system, this has unfortunately not worked as planned as some orders are going through and some are not. This is based on the order type and whether your address is listed under a brownfield site or a greenfield site.
• Brownfield means a site that has been built on previously. Usually associated with urban areas.
• Greenfield means a site that has not been built on previously. Often rural and countryside areas.

We have also been advised that the issue is only impacting greenfield sites at present and at the moment we are still working with Openreach as they are still looking into a resolution as this is not just affecting Zen as a CP, this is also affecting other CP’s so we are hoping for a resolution as soon as possible.

As soon as we have a better understanding of the issue and a potential resolution date for you we will be in touch to advise when we can progress with your order.

----------------------------

Unfortunately im on a green field site :( :( though its progress there making as they have identified the issue but not resolved it yet lol

Soldato
OP
17 days in still no 900 regrade :/ open reach have no idea how to do things quickly. i mean its a software issue how much longer does that take.. :/

Associate
Still waiting here too.

I’ve learnt more about the issue in this forum than they have given via updates.

I asked for an update and was told they were too busy to give updates on orders because of Covid... their service is good but customer care Is questionable.

Back
Top Bottom