Zidane 'The Movie'

Associate
bg_home.jpg

Site

Turner Prize-winning artist and filmmaker Douglas Gordon teams up with French artist Philippe Parreno to create a work glorious in its simplicity.

The film was made by training 17 cameras, under the supervision of acclaimed cinematographer Darius Khondji, solely on footballer Zinédine Zidane over the course of a single match between Real Madrid and Villareal.

Zidane himself recounts, in voice-over, what he can and cannot remember from his matches. Magnificently edited and accompanied by a majestic score from Scottish rock heroes Mogwai, this is not only the greatest football movie ever made, but also one of the finest studies of man in the workplace, an ode to the loneliness of the athlete and the poise and resilience of the human body.

Soldato
Excerpts from movie:

"Here I got ze ball and passed it to Ronaldo."

"Ze fat **** lost ze bloomin ball again."

"No more passes for him."

"Here I decided to head ze ball down to Raul."

"Lets watch another replay of me heading ze ball to Raul."

:D

Soldato
Regardless of what the actual film is like the blurb has done a good enough job of making it sound like a load of pretentious crap to put me off watching it. I mean, what's all this about:

one of the finest studies of man in the workplace, an ode to the loneliness of the athlete and the poise and resilience of the human body.

Associate
OP
Fair enough some of you have your reasons not to see this movie and you dislike him for one reason or another! but...

HAVE SOME ****** RESPECT

One of the greatest players, if not the greatest player ever. Take your testosterone undereducated levels down a bit and respect that this movie is sport and character portrayed as art and image, not football factory..ave it!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom