Zidane wins Golden Ball

Soldato
Zidane has been voted the player of the tournament, lol. I wonder how many of the voters cast their votes at half time during the final :)

Associate
he doesent deserve it anymore imo , give it to ronaldiniho! the man was the best sportsmen by far! never saw that smile of his face! :)

*s

Associate
Cannavaro was only 35 votes behind, he was the more consistent player and in my opinion played better. Zidane had a couple amazing games but some bad.

Soldato
wedgie22 said:
Zidane has been voted the player of the tournament, lol. I wonder how many of the voters cast their votes at half time during the final :)

Player of which tournament?

World Karate Championships 2006?

Soldato
stig said:
he doesent deserve it anymore imo , give it to ronaldiniho! the man was the best sportsmen by far! never saw that smile of his face! :)

Stupid grin ≠ being a good sportsman

Soldato
Pretty Pathetic really.

Not deserved at all, Cannavaro put on CONSISTANTLY some of the best defensive displays seen for a long time. He made probably one error, against germany to let Podolski get a header in. He proved himself to be, without a doubt the best defender in the world. The same cant be said for zidane, He did have some moments of magic, and is one of the all time best players, but this world cup consisted of 7 Games... not 2 or 3.

Soldato
OP
I would probably go for Cannavaro aswell for being consistently rock solid throughout the tournament. Zidane did have a couple of good performances, but people seem to forget how awful France were in the group stages.

Also, I know the votes were already cast, but you would think FIFA might have stepped in and said we're not having someone who assaulted another player named man of the tournament.

Soldato
mosehn said:
id say sweinssweger for germany or how ever you spell it..
he produce some crackers ..

That was his only decent game. Every other game he was below-par, which lead to him being dropped.

Associate
Cannavaro by a million and one miles, maybe he should have roundhouse kicked Barthez, maybe that would have been the deciding vote.

Soldato
The vote took place at half-time before the headbutt, to late to take into account silly outbursts. Either way I think he was always going to get, what with it being his last game.

Permabanned
stig said:

*s

Oh god, I don't think there is anything I hate more in football than the talk of the bloody smile on Ronaldinho's face.

Does it not occur to anyone that the bugger can't stop smiling because he can't actually close his mouth over his teeth? :D

Back
Top Bottom