ZOMG Another World - 15th Anniversary Edition!!

Soldato
just seen this for pre-order on another game retailer.
all I can say is ZOMGBBQ! sooo going to have to get this? anyone remeber it on the megadrive?

Soldato
OP
http://www.anotherworld.fr/anotherworld_uk/another_world.htm

After this Chahi used this version to create a new Windows version targeted at Windows XP. Emmanuel Rivoire increased the resolution to 1280x800 pixels, and Chahi created more detailed backgrounds for the game. He found that his original choice to use polygons for the game characters enabled him to use the original character art at a high resolution and still have it look convincing. The game still supports the original 320x200 resolution as well as the original background art; it features twice as many checkpoints as the original which makes playing somewhat easier. The game does not include Interplay's extra music, but it does include the extra level from the MS-DOS version, as well as the added enemies and hazards from the console versions. This version is known as the Collector's Edition, and is regarded by Chahi as the ultimate Another World version.

The demo version of the Collector's Edition can be downloaded and played for free, and it can be upgraded to the full version for €7.

Soldato
I had this on the Atari ST. I actually once enjoyed this.

And the remake shows how much games have progressed since then. Thank god we don't live with games where 1 pixel equals life or death, or not being able to skip painful death scenes.

Soldato
MNuTz said:
wasnt flashback the sequel to another world? or at least considered the unofficial sequel?

Flashback is to Another World what Crysis to Far Cry AKA Spiritual successor. With Fade to Black being a direct sequal to Flashback.

I played the updated edition a couple of months back, good reminiscing! I didn't remember a particular level at all though, having reread the history of the game it is no wonder as the level was added into the PC version, absent from my original Amiga version.

Soldato
I can't get the propper link to work either.
The way around it is to get it from a dodgy torrent site. You'll only get the same free demo version as from the site anyway and you can still pay to upgrade and have the full legitimate paid for game :)

Soldato
In fact wasn't Heart of the Alien the proper sequel ?, never got to play this as it came out for the Sega Mega CD.

Back
Top Bottom