Zopa..reliable?

Associate
Does anyone use this? I read the recent moneysupermarket article and have about 5k sitting in a current account because I'm a retard and haven't got round to sorting it out.

I've filled up my cash ISA allowance and was looking at the Natwest eSaver account until I saw the Zopa article, I believe Zopa (or alternatives) after fees and defaults, still return a higher percentage?

Anyone got bad or good experiences with them or alternatives? Best to play it safe and go with a regular savings account?

Soldato
A quarter of a billion has been lent, it's pretty safe - a small risk factor but you'll get a better return than a bank, and will be helping someone out!

Man of Honour
I can't really work it out you have to keep managing the money

How can you claim its all good so far if you can't work out your return? Surely you don't know if its good as you dont know if your returns have exceeded those which you'd have got from a conventional savings product?

Associate
[TW]Fox;23030339 said:
How can you claim its all good so far if you can't work out your return? Surely you don't know if its good as you dont know if your returns have exceeded those which you'd have got from a conventional savings product?

Just meant I've not had any bad debts, everyone's paid on time.

Soldato
It does tell you your Zopa total....so it's easy to tell what you have returned. It tells me i've earned over £500 quid...problem is since i took all the money out i can't remember what i put in lol

Back
Top Bottom