• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

ZOTAC 3080 and 3090 Any Good?

Associate
I have seen a lot of ZOTAC 3090 for sale and a few 3080 at scalpers rates for sale. They all appear to be the lowest priced cards around. Even the scalpers prices are on a par with some retailers prices too!:eek:

Are Zotac any good? Does anyone have a ZOTAC Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 AMP Holoblack or a Zotac 3090 card and are they any good?

Soldato
The Zotac Trinity cards were a bit gimped.

Ive got an amp holoblack 3080.

It looks good, performs as expected (same as every other properly configured 3080). It does run very cool on air but it’s a tad louder than I would like.

I’ll be honest it wouldn’t have been my first choice of card and I may at a later stage get an MSI Suprim when stock levels ease but I’m just glad to have a non scalped 3080 which runs my games nicely!

Soldato
Are Zotac any good?

I have had a 670 AMP and a 1070 Amp Extreme that just got retired after years of pain free gaming-it's probably the best/most used gpu Iv'e ever had, my son has been gaming literally non stop since it arrived into my PC at launch, then he got it in his own PC after 2070 launch-again it's had a lot of use.

But, just like @Brazo I wasn't impressed with the Trinity range, imo, they had regressed the quality of parts used in the coolers to hit a pp, the holoback looks more of an AMP range than what they had at release.

5yr warranty if you register with a UK rma address(if it's not been changed) too if things go wrong, so that's a thumbs up again.

Soldato
I have a Zotac 3090 Trinity and it's fine, people are saying it's gimped because the power has been limited to 350w when other cards can hit 390w and more but i have mine undervolted at 875mv @1900mhz with temps around 72/74c while gaming and a nice saving in power consumption to boot.

Just noticed that the Zotac 3090 Trinity is no linger listed on overclockers.

Soldato
I have to the zotac 3090 didn’t get it off overclockers price was to high sorry . First impressions cool running card and 5 year warranty good luck with msi they are meant to have a bad rep for rma s do they not .

Soldato
yeah same, have the 3090 and actually really like the looks. It'll sit at 1850mhz all day at low temps and noise undervolted to 825mV.

If you want high clocks then get something else. If you just want a solid 24/7 card then it's fine.

Don't pay anything over £1400 though. The 3090 FE is a better card and deal, I just couldn't use it in my current SFF open case due to the 3 slot design vs the Zotac 2 slot design.

TrM

TrM

Associate
i have a zotac 3080 trinity oc card myself. been rock solid since i have had it in october and overclocks to 2080mhz and under 70 degress. the warranty is also really good with it.

many people say its gimped but i havent noticed it myself been rock solid oc fairly well vs most and i think the card looks really nice.

Soldato
I have the AMP HOLO 3080 - performance seems solid but can sit around 83c when pushed hard, I guess thermals depend on each rigs setup though.
Have you played with your fan curve at all?

I was genuinely shocked when my card averaged 49c on back to back time spy runs. Maxed at 53c.

Back
Top Bottom