• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Zotac 8800GT 512MB AMP noise?

Soldato
Anyone got a Zotac GeForce 8800GT 512MB AMP Edition, if so is it loud? After seeing the price of the GTS I'm thinking of getting one (until the 9*** is out) but as its in the living room I’d like quite card (not heard over the noise of the other components anyway)

Cheers

Soldato
Anyone got a Zotac GeForce 8800GT 512MB AMP Edition, if so is it loud? After seeing the price of the GTS I'm thinking of getting one (until the 9*** is out) but as its in the living room I’d like quite card (not heard over the noise of the other components anyway)

Cheers

Can't comment on the Amp! version, however I have the GT version and with Rivatuner profiles it's inaudible. I was looking at the Thermaltake Duorb, but honestly no need for it. Runs cool, runs quiet.

C64

C64

Soldato
Mine required 70% fan to stay below 80 celcius in gaming and 70% is loud imo i recommend getting an accelero s1 with an 800rpm quiet 120mm fan it's idling at 30c and gaming at 40c it's so cheap well worth getting one.

C64

C64

Soldato
on evga no on others yes but how will they know you changed the cooler? theres no way of them knowing that what so ever you just put the original back on
that is like saying intel can tell if you didn't use their stock cooler
it's just a heatsink with a fan and you unscrew it it's not like theres any way they can tell.

C64

C64

Soldato
No it's not much better still high temps and noise
yes they are easy to fit if you can fit a cpu cooler then a gpu is a walk in the park.

Back
Top Bottom