Zotac GeForce RTX 3060 Twin Edge OC LHR 12GB GDDR6 PCI-Express Graphics Card Issue

Associate
Hi all,
Just invested in getting the RTX 3060 and throwing some extra money in to doubling my ram. Everything was installed fine but I had some random instability causing a kernel 41 event at completely random intervals and this is starting to grind my gears a little.
Originally had a RX580 installed but wanted to switch over to something with a little more bite for production work. The ram was a straight up doubling from 32gb ddr3 to 64gb ddr3 and have ruled out the ram as an issue via Memtest86x.

My main components of the build are :
Asus P9X79 motherboard,
Intel® Core™ i7-3930K OCed to 4Ghz
850w Corsair PSU,
64gb ddr3 1866mhz ram
Zotac GeForce RTX 3060 Twin Edge OC LHR 12GB GDDR6 (Rolled back to the RX580 for stability)
Several case fans and a controller

From my investigation, I've ruled out a power supply issue because I am drawing 70% at full load with the new card installed. The ram is cleared via the Memtest86x with four clear passes.
PCI slots are clean of debris and the card was seated correctly and securely.
This leads me back to two conclusions, either the card is faulty but it is brand new so I would gather it's not a fault, more an issue of compatibility between the card and the motherboard causing the instability.

If anyone has any extra insight on this or a different perspective to offer before I go down the RMA route, it would be greatly appreciated as the main reason for heading back to Nvidea was because Adobe After Effects is much more "friendly" to Nvidea then it is to AMD.

If it is a compatibility issue, will I be constrained/forced to go to something like the 1070?

Thanks in advance!

Back
Top Bottom