• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Zotac GTX 1080Ti Noise

Associate
A couple of weeks ago when playing FC5 i noticed the below noise coming from my card.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umGmar_p8ek&feature=youtu.be

Upon looking into the issue. I've noticed it seems happen as the load progresses on the card. Once its peaked the noise stops. Same happens also when idling, it will make the noise then it will die off when idle.

I've tried the following steps also

• Blowing out any dust and re-seating.
  • Tried a different PCi-E power cable.
  • Ran DDU and installed latest drives.
All to no avail. I ended up RMAing the card back to the retailer (unfortunately not OCuK). I was convinced the noise was coming from the card. To my surprise after it was tested, they reported that they found no fault!

After the card was returned to me, its back in my rig now - again still makes the above noise when the load is progressing and vice versa.

I'm completely stumped as to what this issue could be? It's also very annoying hearing that noise when gaming. :confused::confused:

My spec is as follows,

8700K @ 4.7
Aorus Gaming 7
Team Group Dark Pro 16GB 3200
Zotac GTX 1080Ti AMP Extreme Core Edition.
Superflower Leadex Platinum 1000W

Also to note the card is at factory overclock.

Cheers

Soldato
Most likely mos/driver whine/buzz (common on these 10 series cards). Wouldn't say that was coil whine as its more of a high pitched screech. Nothing you can really do there. Other than try another brand of card. I have tried a different PSU in the past and it did help somewhat.

Have tested nearly every 1080Ti, all have it to some extent through many different PSU's, board combo's. In the end just went to my very first 1080Ti (msi gaming x as it was the quietest in this regard) and stuck my PC under the desk and that quietened everything down a tonne.

Associate
I've also noticed a noise with my EVGA 1080ti SC, but only on the loading portion of far cry 5. I've installed unigine valley and its quiet. Its strange its this one only, I have a watercooled setup so my rig is extremely quiet. Be interested to see if there are any others with a similar problem.

Associate
OP
Thanks for shedding some light on this issue guys.

In regards to one of the above posts, i'm using a Dell S2716DG. FPS is running 100 on FC5 (maxed) when the noise starts.

Can Unigine valley actually help to reduce noise, if so how?

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom