** Zowie FK1 High Performance Gaming Mouse **

Caporegime
Yeah just re-read a review and apparently the fk1 is the first zowie mouse to use the 3310:

Previously Zowie used the A3090 sensor with mixed results, mainly because their Kingsis lens that lowered the LOD also reduced the perfect control speed. Also the polling rate was kind of unstable and somehow the tracking was better at 500 Hz compared to 1000 Hz on the lower steps. This never resulted in serious malfunctions for me (only in certain games with very fast movements, like rocket jumping in TF2), it’s just something that I was curious about with the implementation of the 3310 by Zowie. So has this been fixed? More about that later.
First to the 3310 in general: it’s the same sensor that is used in many new optical mice, like the Steelseries Rival, Mionix Avior or the Kone Pure Military. The sensor features native steps every 50 cpi and LOD customisation out of the box.
However Zowie sticks to their mantra of “no software”, so the FK1 can only be set to 400, 800, 1600 and 3200 cpi (with the button on the bottom of the mouse). This is no malus for me, but people looking for a lot of customisation have to look elsewhere. The customisable LOD of the 3310 also allowed Zowie to drop the Kingsis lens and go for the standard lens while keeping a low LOD.

http://www.overclock.net/t/1500615/zowie-fk1-competitive-gaming-mouse-review-by-ino

Associate
Finally got this mouse now and atm im not so sure as im coming from the bigger and heavier Rival so its going to take some getting used to lol

Soldato
Yeah they're really light the Zowie ones. Mine took about a week to get used to.

I'm not going to say it improved by aim loads as it hasn't noticeably improved over my old G500 but what I have noticed is that when I'm target switching feels a bit snappier to acquire the new target. I can really zap to the next guy quickly and accurately.

Soldato
I went from a rival to a fk1 and its a massive difference in weight and feel. I only have small hands so used to hold the rival very weird but fk1 suits me perfect...

And nexus i have the same problem with the opposite thumb buttons aswell.... Tis a small annoyance but ive changed my clawgrip and doesn't happen anymore.

also id recommend a QCK heavy as the best mousemat to use for a fk1... its the same size as the + but little thicker and just feels a lot nicer (no idea why)

Last edited:
Soldato
Ive ordered the Goliathus control, the more textured version, i've already got the speed version but think this will be better suited to the mouse.

Caporegime
Yeah the shape of the fk1 is pretty much perfect for me as well, it doesn't feel as comfortable as the deathadder but something about it just feels "natural" if that makes any sense :p

Cool, shall have a look for the QCK heavy MM then! :)

Soldato
QCK mats are pretty much the best mouse mats for optical mice imo

WE will have some QCK+ back in stock soon (about a week)

the heavy are due end of the month

Soldato
Yeah they're really light the Zowie ones. Mine took about a week to get used to.

I'm not going to say it improved by aim loads as it hasn't noticeably improved over my old G500 but what I have noticed is that when I'm target switching feels a bit snappier to acquire the new target. I can really zap to the next guy quickly and accurately.

I'm feeling that also.

Soldato
figured that was what it was but then you asked if it can be cut to size wondered if it was a particularly large one.

Yes you could cut it with a decent pair of scissors so you don't mess the edges up.

Caporegime
I was expecting the plastic finish to be more grippy/rough textured finish after reading the overclock.net thread but imo it is very smooth, feels really good though and shouldn't have any issues with grub building up, sweat etc. marks show but are easily wiped of.

Still adjusting to the sensitivity, weight etc. but so far my aim definitely feels more accurate with this mouse and finding the clicks/mouse buttons very good for FPS too.

figured that was what it was but then you asked if it can be cut to size wondered if it was a particularly large one.

Yes you could cut it with a decent pair of scissors so you don't mess the edges up.

Ok thanks!

Just been having a look around and £20+ for a mouse mat!? :eek: I hope ocuk will be a bit cheaper ;) :p

Back
Top Bottom