1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Zx10r 04 Exhaust Servo

Discussion in 'Biker's Cafe' started by wazza300, May 4, 2013.

1. wazza300

Caporegime

Quick question for zx6/10 owners

when you turn on the ignition under the riders seat theres a black exhaust servo (a round metal disc with two cables attached) does it spin round and back again once you turn on the ignition? I cant remember and I think mines kaput

red fi light stays lit too,meaning an error somewhere

2. edd1e

Wise Guy

My 08 did... I disconnected the wires though.. but yes the motor still turned. If it doesnt you will get an fi light like you say.

3. wazza300

Caporegime

Seemslike its dead then,fi light has been on a while tbh but havnt noticed any lost performance,ill try n pick one up thanks for telling me

just wanted to add I can still hear the whine of the fuel pump when you turn on ignition but cant see any movement from the exhaust servo

Last edited: May 4, 2013
  4. Scythe

Soldato

You can buy a thing which stops the FI light from coming on for the exhaust servo.

Almost all aftermarket systems do not have a function for the servo, so it is removed completely. I think it's just for noise / emission on the standard system however.

5. wazza300

Caporegime

yeah you can,i managed to pickup a second hand unit for £20,i opened mine up and it spins but soon as you put any load on the motor inside it it stops so maybe its burnt out

6. wazza300

Caporegime

just an update,stuck a second hand servo on and it works fine everytime,no more fi light:D

and yeah it does spin a little bit when you turn ignition on and off,mine wasn't moving at all