Getting my mojo back...

Permabanned
Following getting my old shuv barking into life for the first time in a while and seeing it under it's own power on it's way for a winter rest and freshen-up, my mojo has certainly been warmed up a bit.

I keep looking at other Kadett/Chevette/Gemini/Piazza/Acadian/Whatever projects and really feeling quite a lot of inspiration...So I thought I'd share it with you lot.

Topi's '78 Kadett:
front_quarter_high.jpg

side_far.jpg

front_bonnetopen.jpg

engine-1.jpg

bonnet_open_behind.jpg

IMG_3436dj1207.jpg

Body
1978 Opel Kadett C 'limo'
Bright orange (paint isn't great.... 1978 car)
No rust
6 point bolt-in cage with harness bad and rear diagonal
Englemann copy mirrors

Engine
C20XE 2.0 'redtop' engine
Yamaha R1 carbs on custom Bogg Brother manifold. Jetted and set up by Bogg Brothers. Nice Induvidual cone filters
Peter Lloyd Rallying exhaust manifold
Manta dizzy system
Hipo exhaust system from downpipe back (Austrian)
R1 fuel pump
Manta 5spd Getrag gearbox and shortened Manta prop
Manta rad with electric fan
Astra oil cooler with fancy braided lines
Made 160bhp at the wheels (Considering it weighs around 800kgs... that's very fun haha)

Axle
Manta B axle WITH LSD. Diff is very very very good, drives great and locks up whenever you need it to.

Suspension
Spax adjustable shocks
500lbs front springs
300lbs rear springs

Brakes
Brand new Manta calipers, pads discs and hoses
Manta rear drums

Wheels
I've got a full set of 7x13" ET5 Revolutions, but the wide axle means they wont fit on the back. So I've got a pair of 6x13" 100+ mesh wheels with nice dish, and a pair of Midland wheels 5spokes.

Inside
No rear seats due to roll cage, but rear is roughly carpeted to look a bit better.
Matching Cobra classic looking buckets
Astrali wheel and boss
Custom centre console with Autoguage water temp gauge, fuel pump switch and rad fan switch.
Big homo rev counter

I'll post others as and when I find them in the mess that is my bookmarks...

*n

Permabanned
OP
Nowt wrong with your mojo if you're posting these kinds of motors. Tina still wins for me but **** that Opel looks Awesome :cool:

I'd neglected the little thing (car, not my penis) for too long due to that scary Real Life thing and was only forced into getting my arse in gear by the resident's association here banning SORN'd vehicles...Which effected two people on the estate. Me and a guy who SORNs his VW bay window camper (minty mcmint restored one at that) over winter.

So with many thanks to Rich off RR, the little shuv is getting a freshen up and new MOT ready for when I've moved away from this godforsaken place in January.

*n

Permabanned
OP
So does this mean you legally aren't allowed to have a SORN'd car in your street ?

Please explain.

Were it parked on the street, it couldn't be SORN'd anyway :)

But I live in a yuppieville new-build place...Private parking which is a good thing...Terms of residence set by a resident's commitee...Which isn't.

Basically, because I am a tenant and not a resident, I have zero say in how the place is run and managed. A vocal few people who have decided they don't like me (one guy in particular) have put forward a few 'rule' changes in the last 8 or so months which have turned this place from a great place to live and enjoy life to a NIMBYfest of curtain twitchers and people who think that everyone's life should be lived EXACTLY THE WAY THEY LIVE THEIRS.

So **** 'em, I'm out of here. Got my eye on a nice place with a garage, big rooms, long drive and in a good neighbourhood.

I'll look back and laugh in ten years when all their homes have descended into the Tyne (this place is built on reclaimed land...And I happened to meet the guy who lead the reclamation project 30 years ago...It was all a bit cowboy by all accounts)...

*n

Permabanned
OP
Sorry that didn't really explain the situation very well. There is now a term of residence stating that all vehicles owned by tenants and residents must be in a fully operational, taxed and MOT'd state...They snuck it in under 'appearance of the estate'.

*n

PS: The temptation to dump half a dozen £30 T&T'd bangers when I leave is overwhelming...

Permabanned
OP
Dom's 1979 Kadett:

http://retrorides.proboards86.com/index.cgi?board=readersrides&action=display&thread=1186792658

I've posted it several times in the past. A very trick three door kadett running a supercharged 1.6 Yamaha Sigma Zetec SE from a Fiesta...With flat floor, trick rear end, venturi...

The key thing in this build is the fact that Dom's a time-served OEM-and-race engineer with a specialty in driveline and aero...Up to and including Group C and F1.

He spent a few months early this year working in Japan...Near Fuji Raceway (;))

*n

Soldato
SORN = Statutory Off road Notification as in Off the Road :D

I'm quite aware what Statutory Off Road Notification is thank you. I should have said "on" your street. As in, can't you have a SORN'd car on your drive/grounds on your street?

Sorry that didn't really explain the situation very well. There is now a term of residence stating that all vehicles owned by tenants and residents must be in a fully operational, taxed and MOT'd state...They snuck it in under 'appearance of the estate'.

*n

PS: The temptation to dump half a dozen £30 T&T'd bangers when I leave is overwhelming...

Thanks, it appears my post was a bit vague.

So what can they do if you do not comply, dies it become a legal matter? Or it is simply getriatric-busybodys flexing muscles they don't have?

I guess what i'm saying is, can you get all Rage against the machine, and say:

"**** you i won't do what you tell me"

and what would happen if you do? Eviction?

Back
Top Bottom