Exclusive! - Porsche 911 Wheel Turbo Wheel - Test Review!

Permabanned
hello all.

I was wondering who actually signed up on http://www.fanatec.com/
awhile back to sign up for a exlusive hands on test to help and review there Porsche 911 Wheel Turbo Wheel before its released?

anyone else get there's???

pw_prod_pic_oben.jpg

pw_prod_pic_unten.jpg

Well. orders was dispatached this week,
and just got mine today

Pictures and reviews to follow.
(sorry if they not very good photography wise, I really dont have the time to do a lot, and would rather test it, then take pictures of it)

you can check there link http://www.fanatec.com/ for pre-orders or...
go here for more images on the wheel while take some more pictures and test it.

excuse the cat... he was interested also ;)
1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

a lot more to follow... (if you want me too)

Permabanned
OP
few more...

4.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

I'm loving the packaging, its the little touches that make the difference. GO!GO!GO!

Anyhow, need to eat my dinner, and fix a friends laptop from work, then I shall set it all up.
BTW... its wireless ;)

Last edited:
Soldato
less chit chat more pics and review

been interested in this...the gear stick so far has been an offput as pics show it secured to the wheel, id rather it at a more realistic point...unless the metal rods are just for lap mounting and it can be mounted in other manners?

Permabanned
OP
I be testing properlly the weekend.
but can allready see a major flaw... you picked up on it.

its the gear stick, and the metal bars. (put mine inside the wheel. and the ends fell off)
also, its really fiddly and loose, feels really cheap the way they done it.

the wheel on the otherhand, is really nicely made. much better than my G25 wheel, the feel and look, is like your driving one. but the thing that lets it down is the gear stick.

I will get a chance to test it on the games on the weekend, but right now. dont have time.

I post some more photo's aswell.

Soldato
in all fairness from what ive read the let down of the G25 is the gear stick aswell, reports of it feeling flimsy etc etc, at the end of the day you have to expect some flaws for the price point next to the hardcore sim gear with prices id rather not think about

Permabanned
OP
im waiting for mine, should be here anytime now... did you get the headshot mouse with it?

headshot mouse?
you mean the USB sticks?

yep, you get two..they look really nice, like key starters.
I show pics soon.

but one is a usb storage 1GB, the other is for the wireless.

oh...

and when you plug in your wheel for the first time.
Turn all the lights off in your room!!!

amazing when it lights up. was speachless.

edit:

just had a quick go on it, the steering wheel feels nice, I love the fact when you put your foot down... the wheel vibrates.
problem I dont like is. the brake pedal... is horrible. doesnt feel like a brake pedal. (no give) just nothing there, you have to be really touchy on it.

the clutch is the same, but it doesnt feel like a clutch, too spingy and no bite point.
plus the wireless was letting me down aswell. (there was some lag)

I do a proper review the weekend, on there site.
but right now... I most likely be sending it back.

unless I fall in love with it...

Last edited:
Soldato
Ahh that's why.. i pre ordered mine 3 months ago and because of the long wait they offered me a free fanatec headshot mouse :).

i also applied for the testing but i guess you took my place :(, i missed out on a cheaper wheel. oh well :)

i wonder when mine will be coming :|

Back
Top Bottom