*** Crucial M225 SSD's Available From £102.99 inc VAT ***

Associate
out of interest, if i bought one of these mainly from a gaming angle what would give me better performance in map load times/ overall snappyness

installing the OS onto this drive and game to another drive

installing games to this drive and OS to another drive

installing both OS and games to this drive

what option would make more sence ?

Install O.S AND games on the SSD.

Associate
If you install windows7 you just use it like normal harddrive, if you are putting on XP or vista then you should optimise it by changing some settings. Windows7 optimises ssd's automatically.

Soldato
Is there going to be a 32Gb version?

Not that I've heard of.
Bear in mind the 64GB version's about the same price as a 32GB Vertex :p
While it would be nice to have the option for the lower capacity and therefore lower price, to my mind it's also good that they're no longer doing that small a capacity because it implies they're thinking about larger capacities..

Associate
I think you meand firmware, and yes it can.. there is an update due in a month of so which will enable TRIM feature....

I dunno whether to wait until then, to get the best out of the ssd and win7...

Soldato
I have 4 veloci raptors in RAID atm, I will be moving to windows 7 soon starting fresh, I think 4 of these 64GB versions will be good and a bit of an upgrade for not much more than I would get for my raptors when I sell them.

Soldato
Just ordered a WD Black 2.5 for my laptop :(

May cancel and change to one of these I think, prices have really dropped of late...

Just waiting to hear back from a webnote.... Are people paying for a Saturday delivery on their's?

Soldato
[ZiiP]carrot;14626980 said:
Thats a point, think I left mine on the friday date!! O well, I'll just wait til monday now :(

Just called them and the WD has already been despatched, lucky I don't pay delivery :D that will be going back unopened first thing Monday morning!

Just placed and order for the M225 and paid the extra for a Saturday delivery ....

Sod it..........

Associate
I have 4 veloci raptors in RAID atm, I will be moving to windows 7 soon starting fresh, I think 4 of these 64GB versions will be good and a bit of an upgrade for not much more than I would get for my raptors when I sell them.

May as well save money and buy the 256GB one in that case. RAID is only going to slow down your boot time and is only going to be quicker when working with extremely large files.

Back
Top Bottom