Camoe the scammer is pwnd?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
One of my personal favourites was when asim18 was being somewhat brash about ever being found and two seconds later, someone tracked down his address through a WHOIS.
That's not my address though :p. It's been there since I bought my domain lol.

Don
One of my personal favourites was when asim18 was being somewhat brash about ever being found and two seconds later, someone tracked down his address through a WHOIS.
Haha, there was something similar when Blizzard announced they would publish peoples names when they posted on their forums. Someone on here then said they had nothing to worry about as they kept their private details off the net.

Someone had his address inside a couple of hours.

Soldato
Still had you being jumpy. At least you learnt to roll with it, more than I can say for others.

Though I was sure there's no way of tracking me, I never for a second underestimated the power of OcUK detectives!

I really need to completely remove my WHOIS info though... Even though it's fake, I've had a few ****s on youtube comments thinking they're awesome and threatening to pay me a visit :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Soldato
It's not up to me to divulge what I know. He personally owes me £14.52 plus costs plus statutory interest as of this evening... Not a lot? Sure. But it's the principle and I'm not the only victim (others are owed a lot more).

I am not arguing with you, I understand your anger.

I was just answering BluZiff's question as everyone wants know how much he scammed.

Soldato
OP
I hope you all join force and sue his ass off tbh.

As long as he really did not have a legit reason then go for it :).

Legit reason for failing to refund, spinning a load of yarns (some of which were so shocking I honestly can't repeat them here), and then everyone finding out he wasn't on holiday as stated but rather had been posting on OcUK all along, laughing at us?

Soldato
ATTENTION: The people that have been scammed please report to the police, there was a similar case on AVforums a year ago and the scammer/scammers (I think they were in a small group) got arrested and I think they got charged in the end.

NOTE: The way they did it for so long without being caught is that they use usernames of existing members but add a . or a ;

sounds stupid, but believe me it worked for the scammers, so everybody please be careful.

Caporegime
How the hell do you get an address like that?.

I mean is it really that easy normally or just in some cases?.

Find out name. Look on social network sites for locations and any other info.

Use 192.com and the BT phone book to look for names & addresses. Find out part of the address you can use post code / address finder to find out the rest.

It's all pretty easy really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom