Big Bike Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
I've just scored a brand new unused Pinarello MOst 3k full carbon stem for my FP1 on that well known auction site for a bargain price of £40. Absolutely pointless and unneeded bit of kit, but just look at it..........drools. :p

hs751i.jpg

Had a good drool at the Pinarello display at the Cycle Show today. Beautifully crafted bikes.

Soldato
Cool.
I'm guessing you are referring to the seat frame support? Small/Medium frame don't have an extra section but the large/XL frame sizes do.

Yeah the seat frame support. I assumed it was large / med difference.
Anyway, although it came prebuilt I have taken it apart and reassembled to make sure that’s its ok for tomorrows ride.

pics as it is now:

Additional differences are:

1. Titanium disc bolts
2. Red hope quick release
3. Heletape on order!

And also the insurance company sent me Hope pro 3 wheel set with dt 4.2.d rims. which I dont want as they have the wrong disc size etc...
Looking forward to tomorrow.

Soldato
Hey guys, not posted in here in a while. Thought id give you an update. After much thought i sold all my bikes. Reason being i was starting to injure myself more often and it was starting to affect me being able to goto work etc. Was the hardest thing ive done and i miss it like crazy. Going to give it a few months and then buy a hardcore XC bike and just ride that.. I got a feeling DH is over for me now.. but never say never..

Man of Honour
Hey guys, not posted in here in a while. Thought id give you an update. After much thought i sold all my bikes. Reason being i was starting to injure myself more often and it was starting to affect me being able to goto work etc. Was the hardest thing ive done and i miss it like crazy. Going to give it a few months and then buy a hardcore XC bike and just ride that.. I got a feeling DH is over for me now.. but never say never..

:eek: I thought that was your Trek session me and Shauncr91 spotted over on southern downhill. Get yourself a good all round AM bike then you can ride a bit of everything! :D

Associate
Well, I've gone and booked myself into my first 'proper' DH race next weekend at Caersws. I'm a bit nervous now, I've done the Mini Downhill at the Forest of Dean and not done too badly (7th in my category) but I'm thinking this may be a lot harder and potentially painful, especially as I have to move up a category (I'm 19 now)..

Anyone else racing by any chance?

Soldato

:(

Soldato
On a plus note I finally gave into temptation and got these today:
five-ten-freerider-white-black-45670.jpg

Was skeptical at first but even just pottering about on my street I noticed a difference over my ruined old pair of Adidas trainers, can't wait to try them properly later :D

Associate
Long time lurker in this thread, thought I should post :)

My 2009 Marin B-17 trail hardtail:
E4XDzl.jpg.png

And a newly aquired Orange SubZero frame:
PPCQUl.jpg.png

Want to build up the SubZero as a hardcore AM/FR bike but a bit stumped by fork choice. Seen some '08 Lyrik Solo Air 160mm's for sale nearby but not sure if they would be well suited (frame can take up to 180mm supposedly!) Could anyone give me some advice? :)

Cheers!

Soldato
Hehe yep can see me doing that too, they are surprisingly comfy even for just walking in. Went and did some DH earlier in the soaking wet and they are incredible, it really is like someone glued your feet to the pedals :D

Soldato
How come they sent you a seperate wheelset? To make up the value or?

They said did I want anything else? So I thought I'd go for a pro2 wheel set. They sent me a pro3 wheel set instead. :confused:

The Roval Control AL wheels imo is a trail ready wheel set (heavy?). I wanted something light as a feather for racing on in the spring.
Problem is that the discs are not the right size for the callipers so would need adapters etc. I’m still deciding whether I get rid of, or keep them. I might build it up and see if there is a significant weight reduction.

Went for my first ride on it today. 6 hours in the saddle and was a bit of an epic ride across the Cotswolds. Not my cup of tea tbh.

Photo DOES NOT do it justice Unfortunately

Edit - Just looked at this:
http://www.specialized.com/us/en/bc/SBCEqProduct.jsp?spid=54120

And this wheelset is aimed for XC racing:confused:
The weight is probably coming from the huge balloon tyres. Not that the bike is heavy but was expecting to be lighter.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom