DC Universe Reboot

Caporegime
Surprised there isn't a thread on this.

DC Comics will be making history this September. We’ll be renumbering the entire DC Universe line of comic books with 52 first issues. We’re publishing innovative storylines featuring our most iconic characters helmed by some of the most creative minds within the industry.

Not only will this initiative be compelling for existing readers, it’ll give new readers a precise entry point into our titles. And on top of that, all of these titles will be released digital day-and-date across the board.

Yesterday was just the beginning. After all, we don’t want to spoil the many surprises we have up our sleeves. It’s so important to us to make sure you maintain those feelings of excitement and unexpectedness when you pick up a new issue of our books.

We’re energized and looking forward to have you come on this journey with us as we make history this September.

Quite looking forward to being able to start collecting from issue #1 of two or three series.

dcvisualguide.jpg

Soldato
Bringing the line down from 54 to 52 is a cool idea. Some of the new creative teams will be interesting. Glad to see Johns is staying with Green Lantern keeping the whole mythos and previous events in tact. Morrison staying on Batman, although I don't like that Dick Grayson will become Nightwing again and Batman and Robin will be Bruce and Damien.

Also, Morrison on the new Adventure Comics might even make me take an interest in Superman...

The Flash looks quite good too, as does the new Firestorm book. Nice to see Mr. Terrific getting his own title too. Also interested in Captain Atom and Justice League International. I might even go for JLA now that Johns is writing it.

OH and DC Universe Presents will be great. I love Deadman.

Caporegime
OP
Good for pre-ordering? I have seen a couple on there listed as pre-orders actually. Always been wary of it on eBay though due to the time limit for opening a dispute and such.

Caporegime
OP
Also, Batman and Batman: The Dark Knight.

What's the difference between them?

I prefer the style of Arkham Asylum, DKR etc. The more dark storylines. So is B:TDK the way to go?

Soldato
Also, Batman and Batman: The Dark Knight.

What's the difference between them?

I prefer the style of Arkham Asylum, DKR etc. The more dark storylines. So is B:TDK the way to go?

You won't get anything like AA or DKR in anything running currently.

I'd go for Batman Inc. and Batman and Robin.

I hear Batman: The Dark Knight is very poor.

Caporegime
OP
You won't get anything like AA or DKR in anything running currently.

I'd go for Batman Inc. and Batman and Robin.

I hear Batman: The Dark Knight is very poor.

Ah thanks. :)

In that case, I'll just go for Green Arrow instead and pick up whatever Batman I prefer post-release.

Back
Top Bottom