***** The Official Galaxy Nexus Thread *****

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
What do you mean? a movie that is 1280x720 (or any 16:9 movie for that matter) will not have any black bars on this screen or any screen sporting the same AR.

Associate
I was very interested in this phone but thats fizzled out in the past few days. Few reasons why:

ICS: It is not really a selling point as it is free software and other phones will get the upgrade
no hard buttons
no sd card slot (main reason i dont have an iphone)
5mp camera (even if it is better than other 5mp cameras)
CPU and GPU are not cutting edge (~4years old)

plus the samsung galaxy note is now on pre-order which looks epic, especially for me being a college maths teacher I can just imagine how useful it will be, hope to connect it to the interactive whiteboard via bluetooth and use it that way

Last edited:

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Why is the 5MP camera one of your neg points? If the software and imaging sensor are of good quality then the MP count means absolutely nothing!

My SLR is 10.2MP but that doesn't mean it takes pictures that are worse than a consumer digital camera with 16MP!

Associate
I dont know much about photography but I was under the impression that in general bigger is better, I will be able to zoom in further before looking extremely pixelated

Soldato
Do you know the difference between 720p and QHD resolutions? Myshra and mrk helped explain my argument a little more afterwards, did you read their posts?

qHD and 1280*720 are the same aspect ratio (16:9), so the only difference is the number of pixels, unless I'm missing something? :confused:.

Associate
Why is the 5MP camera one of your neg points? If the software and imaging sensor are of good quality then the MP count means absolutely nothing!

While I certainly agree with this. Do you think Samsung would use an improved sensor but not go with 8MP? Considering that higher MP is a selling point to the general public and competing phones at up to 8?

To me it mostly hints that Samsung are probably just being cheap, but I'd like to be surprised.

Last edited:
Soldato
Do you know the difference between 720p and QHD resolutions? Myshra and mrk helped explain my argument a little more afterwards, did you read their posts?

qHD and 1280*720 are the same aspect ratio (16:9), so the only difference is the number of pixels, unless I'm missing something? :confused:.

Exactly. Whats youR point uvarvu?

Just from a design and aesthetics pov - which phone do you guys think looks better? SGS2 OR NEXUS

CPU and GPU are not cutting edge (~4years old)

CPU is cutting edge - GPU is the old part - however i'd waity to see what the benchmarks say as the gpu has been revamped. I t also decodes HP H.264 which is a plus point.

Back
Top Bottom