New Samsung S23A700D 120Hz

Associate
Yep tried everything.It don't work,all i keep getting is 60 and below.
Might be the cable,i'll have to get another one tomorrow and try it.
Ive tried everything i can think of.

Last edited:
Associate
Ordered mine today and can't wait for tomorrow!

I checked out a review of it and the guy said you can only get 120hz using the DVI port only.

Associate
May be a stupid question but I know pretty much ziltch about 3D, my rig has an LG Blu-Ray drive does this mean i'll be able to watch 3D movies or does it have to be a drive that supports 3D?

I didn't check that drive but I think so. I plugged my PS3 into it via HDMI and watched a Bluray movie the other night. I should think it'd be the same.

Sorted it in the end.
There is a switch on the graphics card to switch one of the dvi ports over to a dual one.
Woo hoo

Glad to here you got it sorted dude.

Associate
Had a little play with my set tonight,watched some cars2 in 3d,very nice,then played a little race 07,in 2d to 3d mode i think,using the tridef software,my word,you really want to reach into the screen and pick one the cars up,they look so good,and playing around with the camera settings ingame the cars looked like they were trying to drive out of the screen onto my lap,lol.
Very very impressed so far,great bit of kit and super service from OCUK.

Associate
Had a little play with my set tonight,watched some cars2 in 3d,very nice,then played a little race 07,in 2d to 3d mode i think,using the tridef software,my word,you really want to reach into the screen and pick one the cars up,they look so good,and playing around with the camera settings ingame the cars looked like they were trying to drive out of the screen onto my lap,lol.
Very very impressed so far,great bit of kit and super service from OCUK.

Yes I agree, the quality is damn good, better than I was expecting from a 2D - 3D conversion, the whole system really brings the games to life.

Associate
thank you so much guys. I just wonder will the glass included in the package or not ? If i have already own a DELL U2711 and now tired of anti-glare which makes the monitor a bit of less colourful when watching movies.
How about this new monitor ? worth owing it ?

Associate
My screen arrived yesterday and only now have I got round to setting it up.
Wow! The screen quality is very good!! The colours really are nice and I love the glossy screen!

Soldato
got my screen yesterday all setup and everything is running.

only problem I am having is getting 3D to work.

the tridef software with the monitor only appears to be for games but when i run it it doesn't do anything.

What software can I use to play films in 3D with the monitor?

Also i tried doing the Nvidia 3D vision emulator trik but it detects the 3dVision usb device but fails trying to install it?

Any 1 got any ideas how I can get 3D to work on this monitor. Not bothered how really.

I just want to be able to watch films in 3D not too fussed about the games.

Caporegime
Anyone changed to one of these from a 24"? I'm in the market for a new monitor and it's between this or the BenQ.... however i'd be changing from a 24, and i'm a little worried about the size.

Associate

the tridef software with the monitor only appears to be for games but when i run it it doesn't do anything.

Also i tried doing the Nvidia 3D vision emulator trik but it detects the 3dVision usb device but fails trying to install it?

Any 1 got any ideas how I can get 3D to work on this monitor. Not bothered how really.

Well when we got our LG 3D TV, we had to get a 3D Blu-ray player also to enable us to watch 3D Movies. You can download 3D content, either short video or MKV files (Blu-ray format) and it plays just fine, but depending on what format you get it, you might have to adjust your monitor, which is just a couple of clicks on your monitors 3D menu.
I haven't tried the Tridef software for films, so not sure if this would work.
Edit if you look at this link to the newest Tridef software, it states that it's for games, photos and films
http://www.tridef.com/download/TriDef-3D-latest.html

Last edited:
Associate

simple either use a 3D player & select the 3D type from the monitor's own menu OR get half sbs movies & play them using any media player (i prefer BSPlayer) then from the monitors 3D menu select SBS. done

but if all you care about is watching 3D movies (or even 3D gaming) then you should have really gone for a passive 3D monitor like the LG D2342p or the AOC E2352 as 3D on passive displays will leave you truly impressed & satisfied unlike on active 3D which i found to be too dark,dull & disappointing (hurt my eyes too).

Last edited:
Soldato
Bit of a stupid question, but if I get this monitor and connect it to my Nvidia graphics cards can I use the 3D software that is provided with the monitor to play games in 3D?
A yes or no answers please.

Soldato
Bit of a stupid question, but if I get this monitor and connect it to my Nvidia graphics cards can I use the 3D software that is provided with the monitor to play games in 3D?
A yes or no answers please.

Yes, although there is a newer version online than the included CD.

Launch Tridef, click on games, select game profile and start playing in 3D :cool:

F1 2011 is something else!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom