• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Launches Three Kaveri APU SKUs in February 2014 – Feature Set For A10 and A8 APUs Detailed

Caporegime
It can't because he specifically said it wasn't running in Mantle and that there is "more to come" when using Mantle.

I'm most interested in unified memory/hsa part of Kaveri, we should be seeing that itself making a fair amount of difference in cpu limitations/overhead, Mantle will further help that goal along.

What I don't know is if Nvidia/Intel/AMD/windows/linux will manage to work a unified memory system in the future regardless of what your system has in it OS or hardware, or is it something that will be exclusive to AMD cpu/gpu for many years to come. Maybe Intel can sort it out for their APU's. I think for cross hardware compatibility they would all have to work together frankly too closely for it too actually come about.

Caporegime
That's a bit, meh.

I haven't actually played BF4, I just hear a bunch of complaints about it.

Real for for Mantle? To get BF3 performance :p

Yeah BF4 is full of bugs, the Maps are also nowhere near as intelligently designed, there not layed out in a away that lets you use them tactually, its all a bit dumbed down for the console kids.

Anyway, Mantle, I hope so. i'm also looking at the Toxic 280X, nice card.

Last edited:
Soldato
Martini nov 2013 quote
But Kaveri is still delayed if it comes out in 2014 :p

Humbugs February 2013 words
Kaveri will be out late this year, 28nm, Steamroller, GCN GPU and probable integrated on chip vRAM.

Humbugs closer to 2014 and reassessed possible cover his ass/ Martini might be right quote Nov 2013 :p:p:p
Paper release before this year is out, AMD didn't say it would be available this year :p

Martini's feb 2013 quote

I'd very cautious about getting hyped up for a 2013 release on that, given as far as I'm aware AM3+ (If it does launch on that) was delayed to 2014.

But it'd be epic if it does.

and mine from feb 2013
It looks like Kabini and Temash will tape out on 28nm.
As for socket I've seen hints that Kaveri will be on the fm3 socket. But has a dual memory controller for ddr3/ddr4 so can be used in fm2.

I would say late 2013 but its Amd so without setting myself up for disappointment, I wouldn't expect anything until 2014 either.
I look forward to its release, although larabee tried and failed, its still interesting to see a change from cpu compute, to cpu-gpu compute. Problem is software won't be coded for hsa so just like opencl there will be a delay until developers make use of the architecture. would love to see if game developers can make use of this architecture to provide better gaming performance.

Here you are guys i know you have that love/hate thing going on with one another, but I have documented all evidences so now it's down to Amd to decide who's gonna be right :):p:p:p

Its allright humbug you might get me back if kaveri igp ddr3 hits 7750 gddr5 levels at 1080p :p:p:p:p

Caporegime
Pessimism unsurprisingly wins again? ;)

Can't believe I started the AM3+ is dead vibe in February.

But I don't think any of us even dared think about AMD killing off FM2 support back then.

Last edited:
Soldato
lol I had to do it, we've all been following Kaveri for a while i'm really excited about it as i'm sure we all are.
Its the acceptance that whilst a cpu is important the cpu-gpu compute is the future and the days of the big cpu are less important when software devs wake up to hsa. I never predicted mantlle but I did quote back to how amd would make use of hsa architecture in gaming.

Yeah I thought it would be an fm3 like am2+ so ddr3/ddr4 back compatible to fm2 ddr3 only.
And we all hoped it would have seperate gddr5 vram too !!

Caporegime
Martini nov 2013 quote

Humbugs February 2013 words

Humbugs closer to 2014 and reassessed possible cover his ass/ Martini might be right quote Nov 2013 :p:p:p

Martini's feb 2013 quote

and mine from feb 2013

Here you are guys i know you have that love/hate thing going on with one another, but I have documented all evidences so now it's down to Amd to decide who's gonna be right :):p:p:p

Its allright humbug you might get me back if kaveri igp ddr3 hits 7750 gddr5 levels at 1080p :p:p:p:p

Are you collecting quotes? thats creepy. get away from me :p

Back
Top Bottom