• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

R9 290X Owners Thread

Man of Honour
OP
VTX3D Unveils the Radeon R9 290X/ R9 290 X-Edition Graphics Cards

A renowned brand of graphics card maker - VTX3D, has released R9 290X/ R9 290 X-Edition with dual fan cooling design. The two very best graphics cards use great quality power design and custom dual fan cooling solution, delivering faster, cooler and quieter performance to all gamers.

New VTX3D R9 290X/ R9 290 X-Edition, both are equipped with 4 GB of the latest high performance GDDR5 memory connected via 512 bit memory interface. R9 290X X-Edition runs core engine at 1030 MHz and 1250 MHz for memory; R9 290 X-Edition runs at 975/1250 MHz for core/memory; both are 30 MHz higher than reference design in engine clock, providing excellent performance and ultimate gaming power to every enthusiastic gamer.

The two models use great quality power design, which includes digital PWM, Multi Phase Design, Ferrite Core Choke and SVI2 power management, increasing the overall stability and power supply efficiency perfectly. In addition, the VTX3D R9 290X/ R9 290 X-Edition are equipped with advanced dual fan cooling module. The advanced dual fan cooling module features dual 90 mm large fan, GSG-shape copper heat pipes with wide range of aluminum cooling fins, bring extraordinary heat dissipation effect.

http://www.techpowerup.com/197159/vtx3d-unveils-the-radeon-r9-290x-r9-290-x-edition-graphics-cards.html

Associate
I managed to get 1536 in heavan 4 not sure if thats good. The overclock however was not stable in bf4 in those settings. TBH I still suffer from black screening with only moderate OC

Under water with 8350 at 4.3

Soldato
AMD Radeon R9 290X Review

Kitgur review a 290X reference design and compare it stock and OC'd to a stock 780 and OC'd 780 plus a stock 780TI.

Got to love those 290 minimums.
I hate the way they've done those Nvidia core clocks :rolleyes: They should record the actual clock it's running at, not the base clock.

Associate
Im at work at the moment so will have to post exact settings later, they were high though i remember that. I use trixx to OC as it allows voltage increases. I was showing at 1.38 max in gpuz under stress if i remember correctly.

Kaap the settings on your 290 x that gave you upwards of 1600, are they playable in games ???

Soldato
Yeah no review is perfect thats for sure.
I've seen some people's 780Ti's boost to around 980Mhz at stock - mine goes to 1020Mhz. It won't make a huge difference, but it could be an fps or two.

I'm also surprised at the 290X's minimums in that review. Pretty awesome. I wonder why Nvidia's are lower.

Man of Honour
OP
Im at work at the moment so will have to post exact settings later, they were high though i remember that. I use trixx to OC as it allows voltage increases. I was showing at 1.38 max in gpuz under stress if i remember correctly.

Kaap the settings on your 290 x that gave you upwards of 1600, are they playable in games ???

It depends on the game, somewhere between 1160 and 1180 should be ok for games. @1200 or more in some things I see artifacts.

Caporegime
I've seen some people's 780Ti's boost to around 980Mhz at stock - mine goes to 1020Mhz. It won't make a huge difference, but it could be an fps or two.

I'm also surprised at the 290X's minimums in that review. Pretty awesome. I wonder why Nvidia's are lower.

Seems an extremely low oc on the gtx 780 in that review? Even mine which is a mediocre clocker boosts to 1089mhz at stock.

Well going by those figures the 780 gets a 17% overclock on the core and that's assuming it does not boost any higher than those figures stated. As i understand it, it does go higher than that? That's vs a 13% overclock on the 290 which does not boost any higher than that. Core overclocks only.

Back
Top Bottom