** MASSIVE NVIDIA PRICE DROP!!! **

Caporegime
I saw your post and died inside when he said that. :/

I'm quoting our returns manager he ultimately sets the rules in accordance with the regulations.

FYI since June we've applied the charge to 4 incidents. out of hundreds of items a week. Only 4 have been charged.

we really are talking extreme cases and for most people it will not be a concern.

we've taken back a fair few swifts under DSR full refund.

All of which doesn't change the fact your support page dictates full refund, it has no stipulations. And given what you're saying, it's inaccurate.

Soldato
That also changed in June,

I really don't understand how any of this has suddenly become an issue when the law changed and was quite openly discussed back in June.

Maybe you should read the thread and posts properly? :confused:

Gibbo mentioned restocking fees, we asked questions.

OcUK Staff
Please can we use this thread to talk about the NVIDIA price drops, and to stay on topic.

Any talks regarding service/returns, please contact us via the Customer Service forum and we are happy to help and advise on any concerns you have there. :)

Caporegime
That also changed in June,

I really don't understand how any of this has suddenly become an issue when the law changed and was quite openly discussed back in June.

It's an issue because of contradictions raised, surely that part was obvious? There's about 4 separate pieces of information of differed informations each time.

I don't return something often (For a refund), why should I have noticed something done relatively recently about your policy? I know there was a legislation change, but a legislation change doesn't mean your policy changes (And your support page doesn't indicate it has changed, that's the absolute point)

Last edited:
Caporegime
Please can we use this thread to talk about the NVIDIA price drops, and to stay on topic.

Any talks regarding service/returns, please contact us via the Customer Service forum and we are happy to help and advise on any concerns you have there. :)

I've done so, but it hasn't helped because the information is still contradictory.

Requires a thread made by someone really, a Q&A if you would.

OcUK Staff
OP
Hi there

To answer your questions:-

Whether you buy in store or online makes no difference, you still have 14 days.

The difference now is if you actually use the product in such a way that means OcUK simply cannot re-stock the item as new then you will be charged a re-stocking fee as we will have to b-grade the item and sell at a loss. The rules are set about to prevent resellers making losses due to people abusing the DSR.

So anything returned under the new rules if is un-used or can be sold again as new as it has not being used then no re-stocking fee shall be applied. If the goods are simply being returned because it does not overclock or perform as you wish then it is clearly used a re-stocking fee will apply.

If the items is faulty then it does not fall under these rules and of course a refund issued.

P.S. The ROG Swift is an excpeption, it has special level of cover as mentioned in the product description.

P.S.2 We are always fair and people with genuine circumstances won't have issue, but the people out there who think it is fine to send something back after it does not overclock enough or are repeat offenders will definitely be getting hit with re-stocking fee's as we loose money by b-grading items.

Last edited:
Associate
Just been onto galaxy's website and since kfa2 are their European arm galaxy have a basically the same card and it states it's a reference pcb with custom cooler. Obviously can't bee 100%

Associate
Just to clarify things too - Twst's earlier post spoke of dishonest peoiple being the reason for the change in the Regulations from June this year.

That's nonsense - the Regulations only changed because they were required to change to comply with EU law - pure and simple. They basically just standardise the approach across Europe and have nothing at all to do with people in the UK abusing the previous regime or as Twst would have us believe being "disnhonest" poor CS statement Mr Twst.

Caporegime
Hi there

The difference now is if you actually use the product in such a way that means OcUK simply cannot re-stock the item as new then you will be charged a re-stocking fee as we will have to b-grade the item and sell at a loss. The rules are set about to prevent resellers making losses due to people abusing the DSR.

So anything returned under the new rules if is un-used or can be sold again as new as it has not being used then no re-stocking fee shall be applied. If the goods are simply being returned because it does not overclock or perform as you wish then it is clearly used a re-stocking fee will apply.

If the items is faulty then it does not fall under these rules and of course a refund issued.

You could never restock an item as new beforehand though? Say I bought a 680, used it for a day and DSR'ed it couldn't be sold as new.

And what you're saying makes it sound as anything opened and used will have a lowered refund (Which kind of contradicts Twst)

As an aside, I hate people who abuse DSR. And every bad clocker I've ever had I've lived with.

Last edited:
Soldato
Hi there

P.S. The ROG Swift is an excpeption, it has special level of cover as mentioned in the product description.

P.S.2 We are always fair and people with genuine circumstances won't have issue, but the people out there who think it is fine to send something back after it does not overclock enough or are repeat offenders will definitely be getting hit with re-stocking fee's as we loose money by b-grading items.

So if I buy something new from you there's the risk that it's been in somebody's PC already and been tested out and is a bad clocker? If people are careful and clean any dust afterwards they can test it and return and you wouldn't be able to tell if it had been ragged or not.

No ta.

OcUK Staff
OP
You could never restock an item as new beforehand though? Say I bought a 680, used it for a day and DSR'ed it couldn't be sold as new.

And what you're saying makes it sound as anything opened and used will have a lowered refund (Which kind of contradicts Twst)

Under old DSR rules we had to issue a full refund and the item would be b-graded and sold as a loss.

Under the new rules, items clearly used we can legally charge a re-stocking fee.

DSR was abused massively, hence why is was changed. It is not hard to understand, you only make 10% on a £300 graphics card, that is £30. Customer returns under DSR has a full refund. You or no one else will buy that £300 new card for £270 B-grade, we'd have to sell it under £200 and make a large loss.

Any item returned to us used goes into b-grade!

OcUK Staff
OP
So if I buy something new from you there's the risk that it's been in somebody's PC already and been tested out and is a bad clocker? If people are careful and clean any dust afterwards they can test it and return and you wouldn't be able to tell if it had been ragged or not.

No ta.

Nope they are b-graded! We loose money. The new rules allow us to now charge re-stocking fee's and as such limiting our losses on the b-graded items.

Caporegime
I get what you're saying, but there's like 3 of you (And your support page) which have slightly varied information.

I agree DSR was abused, but I'm still no closer to understanding what the actual stance is, except from that I may only get 75% of my money back in a 14 day return case (I don't know that stipulations that falls under though. What about something used for a day and returned under 14 days? It wouldn't look used, it can't be sold as new, so it'd go into B-Grade, so you'd charge me a restocking fee. That's great except Twst's saying that a discounted refund is a minority thing, and your support page has no stipulation)

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
OP
I get what you're saying, but there's like 3 of you (And your support page) which have slightly varied information.

I agree DSR was abused, but I'm still no closer to understanding what the actual stance is, except from that I may only get 75% of my money back in a 14 day return case.

Yes if you have used it.

It very clearly explains this in our store:

14 Days / Satisfaction Guaranteed
If you wish to cancel your order and return it for a full refund, you have up to a total of 14 days to contact us after the final receipt of your order.

You must inform us in writing if you wish to cancel your order. This can be done through the forums, by webnote, fax or post.

You must return the goods within 14 days of notifying us of the cancellation. We will reimburse you within 14 days of receipt of the goods using the same means of payment as you used when placing the order.

Unfortunately we cannot cover all unforeseeable costs and you will have to pay for the return of any unwanted goods you are returning. Please package the goods properly and ship them in a separate outer box, including all packaging, cables, manuals, drivers and protective bags, however small.

You are liable for any diminished value of the goods resulting from the handling other than what is necessary to establish the nature, characteristics and functioning of the goods. For example, if it goes beyond the sort of handling that might reasonably be allowed in a shop. We will deduct this amount from the value of the refund.

We regret that we cannot accept cancellations of computer software if it is unsealed. Accessories and promotional items are part of the order and must be returned to ensure a full refund is given. Free games codes should be unused and still hidden.

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
guys, please remember that 99% of stuff sent back to us under DSR is inspected and then sent back without being opened.

restocking fees and items being put into b-grade are only a very small minority of products as most stuff is just returned as unwanted/customer changed their mind.

it is very clear as the B-Grade section is available for all to see. this should give you an indication of what is returned in a condition that is not new

Soldato
Nope they are b-graded! We loose money. The new rules allow us to now charge re-stocking fee's and as such limiting our losses on the b-graded items.

You're missing my point. How do you determine whether an item is used or not? If an item comes back to you in seemingly perfect condition but the box has been opened what happens? Back into the new stack or B Grade?

As I say, it wouldn't be that difficult to use an item and test how it clocks and then box it up without it having the appearance of ever being used. End result: item which is used ends up back in the new stock.

Or are you saying ANYTHING returned goes into B Grade...? And that it's just if you determine whether it's used or not which dictates whether a restocking fee is charge?

Caporegime
Yes if you have used it.

It very clearly explains this in our store:

14 Days / Satisfaction Guaranteed
If you wish to cancel your order and return it for a full refund, you have up to a total of 14 days to contact us after the final receipt of your order.

You must inform us in writing if you wish to cancel your order. This can be done through the forums, by webnote, fax or post.

You must return the goods within 14 days of notifying us of the cancellation. We will reimburse you within 14 days of receipt of the goods using the same means of payment as you used when placing the order.

Unfortunately we cannot cover all unforeseeable costs and you will have to pay for the return of any unwanted goods you are returning. Please package the goods properly and ship them in a separate outer box, including all packaging, cables, manuals, drivers and protective bags, however small.

You are liable for any diminished value of the goods resulting from the handling other than what is necessary to establish the nature, characteristics and functioning of the goods. For example, if it goes beyond the sort of handling that might reasonably be allowed in a shop. We will deduct this amount from the value of the refund.

We regret that we cannot accept cancellations of computer software if it is unsealed. Accessories and promotional items are part of the order and must be returned to ensure a full refund is given. Free games codes should be unused and still hidden.

Fair enough, support section's still wrong though.
And that means, if the item's used (Which you couldn't do in the shop) I'd get a discounted refund. Which is obviously different to legislation change.

Last edited:
Soldato

Back
Top Bottom