• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Fury(X) Fiji Owners Thread

Soldato
I am not a mod, but you guys shouldn't be talking about selling stuff outside of the members market. Don't get yourself suspended for something silly.

Personally, I am very excited about this card, and really hope to get one like you guys :)

Associate
so;

you that would be ok would it!

"Capacitor Squeal is actually the noise heard when a capacitor is about to fail. Essentially it’s where gas is escaping through tiny holes in the capacitor and makes a “whistle” sound. You can usually visually spot this simply by looking at the top of the capacitor that’s making the noise – if bulging or you can see a brown fluid then this is a true capacitor squeal."

Nope coil whine in this case means that a component (containing a coil) is being provided power / signal at a frequency that causes it to start it vibrating at a very high speed, in turn this crates a high pitched noise (known as coil while). In this case the whine will probably come from the chokes, these are used commonly to block high frequencies.

Associate
Fury X installed. Still can't run 120Hz without flickering but not a biggie and I will get something sorted.

Time to play :D

Ohhh and no whine, which is a massive phew.

First I have to say I'm jealous that you got a "good one" and so even more gutted that mine was faulty. Anyway, congrats Greg and enjoy :)

What screen are you using by the way, I had no problem running mine in 120hz or even 144hz with my Asus MG279Q.

Associate
Also for this coil whine, does anyone one know if the stock cooler makes contact the chokes ? (like it would on VRM / GPU die)

I know that often you can cure coil whine like this by putting pressure on the chokes one at a time to find the one(s) that is making the noise. Then somthing like hot glue from a glue gun between them to dampen the vibration.

I must note .... no sane person should try this on new components (but is useful if you have an old component that start to make these annoying noises)

Associate
All you people complaining of coil whine and noisy pumps feel free to send me your cards I suffer from pretty bad tinnitus so odds are I wouldn't even notice the noise :D

Soldato
First I have to say I'm jealous that you got a "good one" and so even more gutted that mine was faulty. Anyway, congrats Greg and enjoy :)

What screen are you using by the way, I had no problem running mine in 120hz or even 144hz with my Asus MG279Q.

The flicker issue Greg is having seems to be a compatibility issues with the Gsync monitor he using and amd GPUs..

Caporegime
Someone who knows what is what recommend me a lead please (needs to be 3 meters). Having a complete nightmare and oddly enough, not with the GPU but this capture card. I can only capture 1080P or 4K and nothing in between arghhhhhhhh

Soldato
Someone who knows what is what recommend me a lead please (needs to be 3 meters). Having a complete nightmare and oddly enough, not with the GPU but this capture card. I can only capture 1080P or 4K and nothing in between arghhhhhhhh

Using this one from Bay gets high reviews from rainforest
NEW V2.0 PREMIUM HDMI Cable HD High Speed 4K UltraHD 2160p 3D Lead

Caporegime
Ok I have always thought this display didn't work correct with AMD.. Leave me scratching my head has to why Greg monitor will work with Nvidia and not AMD @120/144

A fault with his display or something he doing wrong maybe?

It has to be a lead issue. I paid £30+ for the last startech and thought that would sort it but Neil is using a 1.5M lead without issue, so maybe I need a different lead. I can get away with a 2M lead (will be coming across my desk so not ideal) but I could do with Matt telling me the exact lead to get.

Associate
Nope coil whine in this case means that a component (containing a coil) is being provided power / signal at a frequency that causes it to start it vibrating at a very high speed, in turn this crates a high pitched noise (known as coil while). In this case the whine will probably come from the chokes, these are used commonly to block high frequencies.

+1. If the chokes are whining and they're decent ones (these are), it usually means they're being fed dirty power. Which either means a poor / faulty PSU, need for a power conditioner, or other components in the system are faulty or low quality.

AMD won't replace cards for this, nor will anyone else.

If it's capacitors that are whining or whistling, they're faulty / bad, and / or the chokes aren't doing their job properly.

90% of "coil whine" fury cards which have had the sound recorded are faulty bearings in the pump, though ... which definitely should be replaced.

Back
Top Bottom