• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Fury(X) Fiji Owners Thread

Soldato
I loved this card and its looks and temps but mine had such a high pitch tone coming from it during desktop use then notice some kind of buzzing sound after few hours of gaming so decided to rma it. Removed my card last night and installed my 7950. watched a few tv shows on pc and shut down my pc to sleep.

Then i notice 14hours later my pc didn't actually shutdown and was still switched on. Didn't notice prob because i got used to the noise from the fury x. and had room cooling fan on all night.

Nice card and could see myself using 2 of them in crossfire if that noise problem gets fixed. But had few stutter issues on gta 5. Wasn't sure if it was the card or my i5 3570k on windows 8.1

Gonna wait a bit then decide if to order new one

When you say you RMA your card, do you mean you sent back to retailer for refund?

Soldato
Arghhhhhhhhhhhhh, nobody mentions that the Fury X is closer to the curb than the TX. Geeeez guys, give it up already. :D

But the difference in distance from the curb is negligible in those pictures. And the details in the circles should not be so blurred in the TX image. Either it is Motion Blur Doing its usual ****** job or Nvidia being funny in drivers.

Caporegime
What about all the detail missing at mid distance?

Not suggesting you did something, this seems like Nvidia's drivers..

I sure hope you are not suggesting I did something. You have a Fury X and a Titan X, so do the same as me and see for yourself. I could keep doing the run and I would never get 2 results the same and to me, it is the same run with different colours and the FX is slightly closer to the curb so the sidings stand out more.

Associate
Man if the pictures were reversed,it would be all over the web by now.AMD Lowers IQ to get better framerates.AMD is dead LOL.

Maybe he is not using his capture card and he recorded game play on Shadowplay and GVR. Shadowplay may not be as good for picking up details while recording.Then there is encoding/youtube also.
Some side by side screens would be great.I do not have my Fury X cards yet so I can not test.

Caporegime
The IQ difference in that vid is night and day different between the two. Everything looks washed out(except that one distant building) on the Titan X, the texture quality everywhere is poor. It frankly looks like Ambient occlusion isn't enabled at all, or something because where it should be darker and where there should be and is definition on the Fury, it's entirely missing on the Titan.

At 36 seconds where you are coming up to the edge of the building. Both the building, the reds, the shadows on the building, on the AMD side you have a much darker purple/red colour in the shade and the light shaft against the building looks like a light shaft. On the Titan the red/purple is stupidly bright and the same light shaft basically just looks like a blurry slightly lighter band.

At the same time and over the following 10 seconds. The tree Nvidia side is a blurry mess with no definition and the building on the next corner is again washed out.

The whole video throughout, textures appear better/sharper, particularly any text. There is no way these are even close on IQ comparison. I would say some setting is being over ridden somewhere because the Titan X looks significantly worse, everywhere except possibly reflections which looked maybe a bit better in places.

At the very start when standing still just after everything comes in focus you can see crap all over the road WAY further into the distance and the car model is different, a little further along the road there is extra debris though you don't look down and it's a bit blurry, no idea what it was, a tire, but something else missing from the Titan. Also text quality on the sign and the definition in the tree behind it, it's like the Fury is playing at a higher resolution the difference is so big.

Either the game is buggy and hasn't applied the same settings or Nvidia has 'optimised' this in drivers which gains performance by leaving out detail.

EDIT:- just noticed at the start, the lines in the middle of the road, there are like 2 on the Titan then nothing and they just magically appear as you get closer, on the AMD card they are into the distance from the start.

Seriously there are some monumental differences here, draw distance, sharpness of textures, all the text, the definition in the trees.

This is where either people will go du'h, it's faster but looks worse OR, Greg will be like "ha, I switched the names, Titan is on the left Fury is on the right"... and I'll cry.

EDIT 2:_ seriously watch the road around the whole place, alongside the building with the billboard as you round the corner to see it there are arrows on the road and then text on the road itself. On the Titan card they are appearing ridiculously late, they are invisible from distance, close up they pop up first blurry and get progressively more vivid, the text in particular is obvious as hell.

Draw distance isn't even remotely close on the two images.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I have done the run on the TX again and now encoding. Shouldn't take long but I will never get 2 identical runs and I am only trying to show what is what. Please accept that I am not a pro at this and just do this for fun.

Soldato
I sure hope you are not suggesting I did something. You have a Fury X and a Titan X, so do the same as me and see for yourself. I could keep doing the run and I would never get 2 results the same and to me, it is the same run with different colours and the FX is slightly closer to the curb so the sidings stand out more.

Get over yourself Gregster :p, I said twice it seems like something with Nvidia drivers gone wrong, and wrote twice I'm not suggesting you did something.

Maybe Nvidia experience over-ride settings or something.

There is a massive difference in details etc.

I have done the run on the TX again and now encoding. Shouldn't take long but I will never get 2 identical runs and I am only trying to show what is what. Please accept that I am not a pro at this and just do this for fun.

Nice one :)

Soldato

Not putting blame onto you Greg mate you doing a fine job at this Youtube stuff..

Tbh to save you time I would just go to same spot and do an in game screenshot of each GPU..

The Low detail texture work on the TX could simple be a driver setting you have forced over the game or maybe Nvidia up to no good :p

Either way its just us pointing out the difference not something you have done yourself.. Like why would you make the FX look better than the TX makes no sense.

Caporegime
It's cool and I felt I was being accused of altering settings. Getting a little stressed :D It is uploaded and is now queued for processing..... Man I am so tired lol.

Sorry if I came across as waspy but been testing solid for 2 days and people seem to just nit pick all the bloody time :(:p

Back
Top Bottom