** POTENTIALLY THE BEST GAMING MONITORS YET!! ** Acer 34" Ultra-wides

Caporegime
I refuse to pay nearly a bag of sand for a monitor!! These prices are just nutso :eek:

I'm currently looking for a s/h RoG Swift instead until a bit of competition brings things down a bit...

P.B

P.B

Soldato
I'm feeling the same way especially when the acer 27" ips is on offer @540 seems a much better buy and wait till these screens can offer a full 144hz

Associate
So for us 'lottery players' who have preordered, if all does well and the stock comes in as expected this Friday the 25th Sept... will they get shipped out on Friday for a Monday Delivery?

Wondering if I should take the day off work.

1 Week to go (Hopefully) :D

Soldato
What is the reason why this screen is not officially 100hz and does not say 100hz on the box?

Any reports I have read so far have said it works at 100hz... So why do they not advertise it as 100hz Gsync?

Also has the blue banding problem been fixed now?

Last edited:
Associate
What is the reason why this screen is not officially 100hz and does not say 100hz on the box?

Any reports I have read so far have said it works at 100hz... So why do they not advertise it as 100hz Gsync?

Also has the blue banding problem been fixed now?

I think you have to actually overclock the monitors refresh rate yourself and you may only get up to 95Hz etc, Not sure on the blue band issue.

Soldato
I see one of these has already failed on another forum -

I have some bad news guys. After having the XR341CK for roughly 20 days, the monitor is being returned. The backlight is flickering/strobing heavily. I know it's not an issue with my 290x/crossfire because I happened to connect my MacBook Pro using HDMI and the same result. Looks like the panel is dying out

Soldato
So I am guessing the factory applied overclock on these monitor can be unstable (without adequate testing) just like some of the factory overclocked graphic card then? (with the difference of sending back a monitor of this size would be far more annoying, if not nerve-wacking than sending back a graphic card)...

Just the thought of the monitor get damaged during transit on the way back, and Acer use it as an excuse to wash their hands off the matter would put shivers down your spine (and I think most courier insurance doesn't cover monitor do they?)

Last edited:
Soldato
How much does just the panel weigh (without stand) in KG?

I might need to get a monitor stand for it and most of they say up to 8kg so I don't know if that is enough for this screen?

OcUK Staff
OP
hi there

Stock arrived in UK, but Acer have pulled it to have the firmware upgrade done, so will be about another two weeks I believe to sort this first batch with firmware upgrade. :)

Back
Top Bottom