• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The GTX 980 Ti owners thread.

Associate
Yeah, trying Heaven I think I managed 1530/2100 without voltage before things started going a bit pear shaped. If and/or when I need the performance, I'll probably OC, but for now it's managing to do 60 FPS in anything I play so there's no real need :p

Associate
Yeah, trying Heaven I think I managed 1530/2100 without voltage before things started going a bit pear shaped. If and/or when I need the performance, I'll probably OC, but for now it's managing to do 60 FPS in anything I play so there's no real need :p

Hey Joe, once it starts getting a bit chillier up here in the North of Scotland we should get higher clocks at stock? It can get pretty chilly in Moray :)

Associate
Just bought a 980 ti g1 edition and it has coil whine? Do gigabyte replace under warranty for coil whine? the card runs fine and plays games but is extremely noisy. I can mask the sound when the FAN is running above 70-80% on the fan profile.

Max overclock on the core is 1474 boosted on stock voltage.

Caporegime
Just bought a 980 ti g1 edition and it has coil whine? Do gigabyte replace under warranty for coil whine? the card runs fine and plays games but is extremely noisy. I can mask the sound when the FAN is running above 70-80% on the fan profile.

Max overclock on the core is 1474 boosted on stock voltage.

Coil whine is a grey area, a while ago cards were being replaced if it could be heard over the system in the test bench, now I think the standard rhetoric is along the lines of "it happens, deal with it". The gigabyte cards seem very prone to it, seen some people say they have quiet ones but seen a load of end user reviews on here and other sites saying they can be obnoxiously loud.

Associate
Coil whine is a grey area, a while ago cards were being replaced if it could be heard over the system in the test bench, now I think the standard rhetoric is along the lines of "it happens, deal with it". The gigabyte cards seem very prone to it, seen some people say they have quiet ones but seen a load of end user reviews on here and other sites saying they can be obnoxiously loud.

Well i cant hear it with headphones on but if I game on speakers at low enough volume I can hear it, I bought it 2nd hand and they informed me it 100% has no coil whine which may be down to the PSU apparently but my PSU is 850w?

Caporegime
Well i cant hear it with headphones on but if I game on speakers at low enough volume I can hear it, I bought it 2nd hand and they informed me it 100% has no coil whine which may be down to the PSU apparently but my PSU is 850w?

More down to the quality of the psu than the wattage.

Soldato
More down to the quality of the psu than the wattage.

Coil whine seems to be luck of the draw rather than anything component related. Some storys ive read where its fixed with a new psu but again ive read just as many people with high end psus still with whine.

The gigabyte cards seem to have the most complaints on here tho!

Soldato
I can't understand why people still blame the Gigabyte coil whine on PSU's. Did your previous GPU have coil whine? Did the GPU before that?

Why is a PSU suddenly the problem when a Gigabyte G1 gets powered from it?

It's the cards that cause the whine, not the PSU!

Back
Top Bottom