Phanteks Enthoo Pro M rebuild...

no I do use the bluray drive plus If I go for a game I normally get a physical copy as to download it on my internet speed would drive me nuts :(

Yeah i know what you mean, my internet bad aswell downloading BO3 now @600kb lol.

Im tempted to get some black paint and paint the outer case of the ODD so it doesnt stand out as much.

What colour is it now.

Soldato
Photo of my Enthoo Pro M build:
5820K @ 4.2Ghz
16GB Ram
Gigabyte X99 Gaming 5P
Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD
Inno 980Ti Hybrid (intake from rear)
360mm Rad with push/pull Noiseblocker fans (intake from front)
Noiseblocker fans (extract from top)

0RBvM93.jpg

Soldato
Overall it's an ok case for the cost.

I didn't want to spend £££ on a case but had decided that I wanted to get a 360mm radiator for cooling. This case met this criteria but at a small cost.

Pro's:
Cheap and good build comparatively to cost
Room for 360mm rad (top or front)
Room for hidden cabling and rear mounted SDD drives

Con's:
Slightly more flimsy panels than expected
Fitting 360mm rad (at the top) requires removal of optical drive bay
Fitting 360mm rad (at the front) requires removal of optical drive bay and hdd drive bay
Optional SSD / HDD drive mounts cost £££ for simple pieces of metal

The window is, for me at least, pointless. My case is sat on the left side of my desk up against a wall so you can't see anything inside. My previous system (to be broken up and sold) was housed in a Silverstone Raven 2 case which has the motherboard on the other side of the case thus the window is also swapped round.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
so after the threads ive read recently with the corsair AIO units failing its made me a little nervous of it..

Corsair do offer a good service if the unit was to fail and will replace any damaged parts but you need proof of purchase!!!
anyone that read my budget build will no my H80i was a car boot sale bargain!! it was sealed and had never been used but there was no proof of purchase

so bearing this in mind it made me a little uneasy as if it was to go Ive dropped more cash into this than ive ever dropped into a pc before!! so this made me think about air cooling.. but also worried me about my 4.5Ghz overclock..

well I bit the bullet.. Ive got the Phanteks PH-TC14PE and fitted it last night..

still to tidy up cables but I wanted to test it.
temporary_zpsehxw4hrg.jpg

H80i ( performance settings )
Capture_zpsovujogy9.png

Phanteks ( max fans to make it fair )
ph%20max%20fans_zps7aby21u4.png

Ive since set up a nice custom fan curve and its really quiet compared to the H80i under load. and even with a custom curve Im still only seeing 1 or 2c higher than it set to max!! so its cooler than the H80i and is still running at 4.5Ghz!! bonus :)

Associate
OP
I might revisit the water cooling idea next year but I would like to try the Fractal Design Kelvin S24 on my system as through time I could expand the system and add a gpu block and a reservoir and even an extra radiator if required.

either that or I might take the jump and build a custom loop....

Associate
OP
Im tempted to fit a smaller fan at the bottom to push some air in from the front over my harddrive as ive noticed that in this case my drive runs about 5c warmer compared to my old z9 case where I had a fan in front of the h/d

Associate
OP
I borrowed a cheapo 120mm fan out of a tower I have sitting and tried a different fan combination.. Ive put the 140mm phanteks to the rear as an exhaust and fitted 3 120mm fans to the front which has lowered my hard drives temp by about 7c as ive now got a fan blowing over the hard drive again.
the cpu is down a few c on idle and so is the gpu so looks like ill be in the market for 3 good 120mm matching fans for the front of the case.

temporary_zpstcqm3e4i.jpg

Back
Top Bottom