** ASUS TURBO 3YR RMA SERVICE: OcUK CUSTOMERS ONLY!! **

Soldato
Only ask as I RMA'd a card yesterday and it was received today and literally just got the email saying its gone back to manufacturer... Would be nice to know if it could be pushed down this route rather than the wait 28 working days

Soldato
Guys

B-grade is b-grade, it is vastly reduced in price and sold with a 90 day warranty. You cannot have your cake and eat it, you want a full warranty buy new. You want a big discount buy b-grade.

I looked the other day and b grade GPU's were more expensive than new ones! We only wanted clarification on the warranty, no mention on wanting our cake and eating it. :rolleyes:

Sorry guys but on B-grade were not moving on our terms, keep the discussion on topic, this is about new Asus products and not b-grade. :)

Sure back on topic!

Soldato
I'm guessing this means the cooler cannot be removed at all? Or can it be removed and if it fails, put original cooler back on and send back with it not physically damaged?

Any clarification on this? I thought ASUS allowed GPU cooler removal and kept warranty intact providing original cooler is back on if RMA'd?

OcUK Staff
Any clarification on this? I thought ASUS allowed GPU cooler removal and kept warranty intact providing original cooler is back on if RMA'd?

As long as the GPU cooler has been put back on and you can not tell at all it has been removed (rounded screws or threaded screws) then it should be ok

Any questions give me a shout

Bailey

Soldato
As long as the GPU cooler has been put back on and you can not tell at all it has been removed (rounded screws or threaded screws) then it should be ok

Any questions give me a shout

Bailey

There was a warranty sticker on one of the screws on my 980...that came off when the cooler came off...does that count?

Associate
Correct use common sense, if you can remove the cooler without breaking warranty void stickers or damaging the car then it is fine to remove it. :)
Hmmm how do u think we can remove the cooler w/o breaking the sticker ? :D
Most of the time it is on a screw....

So basically, we break the sticker= no rma right ?

OcUK Staff
Unfortunately if warranty void stickers have been broken or tampered with then it would be classed as warranty void :(

Sorry if this causes a problem guys.

Associate
So this is a RMA speed turn around for normal users, not power users like most of OcUK customers?

Oh well stick to EVGA then I suppose.

Bit disappointed, when I started reading thought it was time for me to become even more of an ASUS fan boi :(

OcUK Staff
OP
Unfortunately if warranty void stickers have been broken or tampered with then it would be classed as warranty void :(

Sorry if this causes a problem guys.

Bailey, I have spoken with Asus today regarding this, great news!!!

So if customer ask, we need to give a clear answer => we do not suggest to do so, but if they do, than OK (unless damage is caused by replaced cooler or damage happens during removal / installation of a cooler).

:) :) :) :) :) :)

OcUK Staff
OP
So when will Motherboards be done this way if ever they are my favorite motherboard Brand

Working on it, but these things don't happen overnight, can take months/years. VGA is the start, we are working on motherboards continuously to further improve.

Soldato
...one issue for a lot of customers has being perceived RMA service being poor.

Perceived nothing, it was flat and out the worst in the industry for a decade. Glad to see they are sorting it but let's be honest they are probably only doing this because they are losing market share. Pretty sure OCUK stopped doing business with them for a while due to the complaints.

I may actually trust an RMA if it is going through you guys for 3 years, but unless they have something I MUST have, something that is truly amazing and miles ahead of the competition I just wouldn't chose them.

I may actually end up using them for my monitor upgrades because they have the 3 year on site warranty and the 1440p/144hz freesync monitors hinted at by the AOC rep didn't materialise in january and I'm becoming impatient. Still, I'm hesitant to use them.

They have a long way to go to regain the markets respect and trust but I guess this is a start, even if it is just for graphics cards.

Back
Top Bottom