*** OnePlus 2 ***

Soldato
So it's been nearly a week with CM13 flashed on the phone, and I finally feel I love using the OP2. Battery life I'm getting about 5-6h on-screen time, the phone feels a lot cooler under light usage as it turns off all the high performance cores (no idea why Oxygen kept 2 awake). Gaming performance also feels smoother as well thanks to all cores being enabled, and temps don't even feel that hotter. There's no random lag when waking the phone as well, which was introduced on Oxygen 2.2 for some reason. The FP scanner also seems to work faster, and it feels great to use it with other apps thanks to using the native FP API. I also don't get the random freezes which I seemed to get having the phone on after a couple of days since last reboot.

Honestly Oxygen OS was poorly optimised and was holding the hardware back way too much. The OP2 is only worth your money if you're willing to flash a custom ROM.

Soldato
you don't want all the big cores turning off, it uses a ****ton of energy hotplugging the whole cpu like that. you want it running 1-4 on both big and little ideally.

stick blissmallow + benschold kernel on it and really see what it can do ;)

e: but yes, this phone totally feels worth the money now. i held off on cm-based roms until the fps was working, but in all honesty i hardly use it. at least now rom support is really starting to take off!

Last edited:
Soldato
I was tempted to flash benschold, but was holding back a bit on rumours of boeffla kernel possibly coming to CM13. It did wonders with Oxygen OS. I tried Bliss and Cyanpop but I personally didn't feel comfortable with it for some reason.

Soldato
I was tempted to flash benschold, but was holding back a bit on rumours of boeffla kernel possibly coming to CM13. It did wonders with Oxygen OS. I tried Bliss and Cyanpop but I personally didn't feel comfortable with it for some reason.

i can attest to ben's kernel + bliss being bloody good. i prefer cyanpop simply because of the quick toggle customisation.

i'll definitely be trying beoffla kernel, but for now ben's is grand.

Associate
Cio9e2QVAAAC-_I.jpg

"There's that logo. OnePlus 3 with AMOLED display and 3000mAh battery."
https://twitter.com/evleaks/status/732465553378418688

Soldato
To be honest while that does look nice, I'm not sure if I want to buy a OP phone again due to how poor Oxygen OS is. Moving to a custom ROM just to get the best out of a phone seems silly.

The back oddly reminds me of HTC. If it's real, seems strange OP is abandoning sandstone.

Also, this custom ROM looks the most promising, based on CAF (AOSP but optimised for Snapdragon phones) and very minimal at the moment but the developers aim to bring only useful features to the ROM: http://forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-2/orig-development/rom-halogenos-oneplus-2-t3377799

Back
Top Bottom