*** PC Gaming - Daily Deals Thread ***

Soldato
Far cry 3 was fun, I ended up buying it second time so it was in my steam library. Haven't actually finished FC4, I should at some point. FC primal doesn't really interest me though, it's like they just turned it into a hunting/crafting game.

Soldato
Is there much crafting/loot/grinding/RPGing in FC3, or is it mostly just open world shooting?

I'm tempted to try it, but am not entirely sure what to expect.

There's a minimal amount, but IIRC (it's been ~2 years since I played it :p) I wouldn't say it's particularly "grindy". Most of the crafting recipes require you to kill at most 4-5 animals, and once you've made the item you don't need to make it again. The only exception to that is syringes (e.g. buffs/medkits), which you need to harvest a couple of plants for.

You don't craft guns; instead you climb radio towers to unlock them for purchase, and then buy them with money; again, once you've bought them once, they're available to equip from any "shop"

Here's a list of all the recipes:

http://farcry.wikia.com/wiki/Crafting

Soldato
Thanks. Looks like some annoying stuff, but not too bad. I might pick it up. Didn't want anything grindy, as I only tend to play ~1 hour sessions, maybe once or twice a week so didn't want to be spending a whole sesh kicking trees or slapping midgets or whatever.

Soldato
Didn't take Steam to put up the price of MGS V from £14.99 to £24.99..... No doubt they'll reduce back to £14.99 during the upcoming Sale. Trading Standards need to investigate this.

Typical Steam RIPOFF ...it was like £14.99 for few days last month

:confused:

It was a pricing error at the time, are you going to continue to revisit it each time?

Associate
The witcher franchise is on discount from GOG (£17.59 for TW3, £2.09 for TW2, £1.09 for TW1).

They've also got Rollercoaster tycoon (the original) for £1.29!

Back
Top Bottom