• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** OcUK HAS 21 CUSTOM GTX 1080 MODELS READY FOR PRE-ORDER !! **

Associate
I went ahead and ordered a MSI 1080 Gaming X earlier this evening - apparently I am number 23 in the pre-order queue so might get it when stock next comes in.

Fingers crossed! :)

It's a great card, even tho a little overpriced. Got one myself and love it. Fan is really really quiet too if you're into that. After a couple hours of gaming, the max temp was 73 with the default fan curve.

Havnt tried to OC yet, but will do soon.

All in all, you'll enjoy the card, for sure.

Associate
FTW pre-order here.
Got told I was 45th, up from 48th (2 weeks ago) just yesterday. Ordered Launch Day @ 15:50, so I doubt over 100 people have cancelled. :/

Associate
Brexit is gonna be a bloodbath with the exchange rates!!! :eek:

Get your upgrades sorted asap imo ;)

One of the reasons I was so keen on upgrading now. On a related note, I have a bad feeling that a kickstarter I'm backing is going to end up more expensive than original thought as the pound will weaken up to the referendum.

Associate
I mean, I would think so. FTW is on backorder around a globe so I do not think first batch will be anywhere close to 200? But who knows? In which case being 20 - 25th for MSI which already had few batches delivered looks like more solid choice for a quick delivery :) (also I do not think FTW will be quieter them MSI and this is really the only differentiator those days as clocks and OC is same or extremely close on all of them)

S_D

S_D

Associate
Anyone who's expecting an SC delivery today checked their DPD tracking?

I got the email from OcUK saying 'shipped' and with the tracking info. I got the text from DPD with the same, saying it would be delivered today. Yet when I go do view the tracking info DPD don't even have the parcel yet?

Under additional info on the tracking page it has no collection date. Anyone else the same?

Soldato

I got the email from OcUK saying 'shipped' and with the tracking info. I got the text from DPD with the same, saying it would be delivered today. Yet when I go do view the tracking info DPD don't even have the parcel yet?

Under additional info on the tracking page it has no collection date. Anyone else the same?

Sometimes that happens with DPD. As long as you got the text, you should be fine.

Soldato

try typing out the number manually :)

Associate
So do you guys reckon ordering an MSI gaming X now will arrive faster than a FTW i was the 200th in the queue 11 days ago? Hell, i'll probably never OC my card any way.

Yeah the MSI gaming x will more than likely be caught up on preorders way before the FTW. I think someone said like a day or two ago they cancelled from the strix to the MSI x due to delays and they were like 25th in the queue.

Associate
I mean, I would think so. FTW is on backorder around a globe so I do not think first batch will be anywhere close to 200? But who knows? In which case being 20 - 25th for MSI which already had few batches delivered looks like more solid choice for a quick delivery :) (also I do not think FTW will be quieter them MSI and this is really the only differentiator those days as clocks and OC is same or extremely close on all of them)

Well i did it man, made the switch!

Associate
Well i did it man, made the switch!

Welcome to the club. Did same yesterday morning went from strix position 120th to 16th in MSI queue. A very nice improvement and also I am getting much quieter card! (4db quieter at load to be precise, according to reviews) :) Life is good.

Back
Top Bottom