Prices

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
When will the drop in the pound today start to affect prices on OCUK?
As an aside I wonder when petrol prices will change.
It will be ineresting to see a chart of petrol and computer prices.
Andi.

Soldato
The pound is getting close to where it was last week. It has recovered a lot since this morning and you must bare in mind it went up a lot yesterday so any fall is going to be exaggerated.

Associate
Yeah, prices went up after the first set of results which looked mostly remain...

Sudden plummet when it seems leave had the advantage means it looks worse than it actually was.

Caporegime
Those new 1080 prices just show how much OCUK like to shaft us from time to time.

I think you have much concept of how business works...the drop in the pound has an immediate impact on their orders with vendors because everything is done in dollars, so when the pound drops, things cost more to import.

Associate
Assuming OCUK pay for their stock when its delivered to them I don't see why they they would increase prices for items showing as in stock.

Items on pre-order or out of stock will obviously need to be adjusted but its just any other day with currency fluctuations (albeit a large fluctuation) I would have thought OCUK would wait a few days before altering prices to see how this pans out.

daz

daz

Soldato
Assuming OCUK pay for their stock when its delivered to them I don't see why they they would increase prices for items showing as in stock.

I'd imagine they pay on account, assuming they have a good trading history with their suppliers this could be 30 or 60 days after when the goods were delivered to them.

Soldato
Assuming OCUK pay for their stock when its delivered to them I don't see why they they would increase prices for items showing as in stock

30 days terms in general, so no, we don't pay on delivery. The dollar (which everything is priced in eventually) is 5 cents lower right now than when we last bought and it's still moving up and down hourly.

We've priced in a buffer against future volatility but can adjust this as things (hopefully) stabilise over the coming week. I doubt this is going to be a good thing for any UK reseller.

Soldato

Items on pre-order or out of stock will obviously need to be adjusted but its just any other day with currency fluctuations (albeit a large fluctuation) I would have thought OCUK would wait a few days before altering prices to see how this pans out.

High turnover stock probably hasn't been paid for yet, as it's normally 30 days from invoicing.

Stock that has been on warehouse shelves for a month or more should stay the same all being fair.

Associate
Prices don't change after you order them. If you get 30 days, you will be invoiced 30 days later for the amount you ordered on your purchase order. Suppliers don't take your order, ship you the goods and then come invoice time add another charge for currency changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom