Preacher should've been arrested, your thoughts?

Associate
I remember getting stuck next to a Christian preacher at a bus stop in Manchester, kept screaming at us how we are all going to burn in hell and need to accept "Da Lord".

I thought having to use the bus would be seen as punishment enough for whatever misdeeds I've done to the "almighty" :D

All this preaching malarkey is just an early refer a friend scheme gone wrong.

Haha I think the bus was the journey to hell :D

For me at the time I thought going to hell I'm in Swindon cant be much worse (apologies to those who love Swindon town centre)

Soldato
Ah, these clowns again. Every blimmin week they're in the same spot shouting all kinds of nonsense. That section outside the Bull Ring seems to attract all the crazies.

The officer probably saw the crowd of brown people rapidly getting bigger and figured it best to back off peacefully. Only takes a tiny thing to set half the mouth breathers of Birmingham off.

Last edited:
Soldato
I love the hypocrisy, he brings up 'Freedom of Speech' and then he says 'This is a free Country and we can speak freely in Public'. That's right! Unless of course it dares to criticise his particular Religion..... :rolleyes:

Exactly, i just shook my head when i heard that.

Soldato
No he shouldn't have been arrested and the police officer seems to have done a good job defusing the situation. The man didn't make any threats just sounded a little aggrieved due to the fact he feels, as the witness confirmed, he was harassed and now the police are in his view unfairly speaking to him.

Seems like the usual daily non story Muslim thread that will probably do another 15 pages.

Soldato
Well we've got a local schizophrenic in the town I work, who never gets arrested and he shouts in people's faces (Inc people with young kids), jumps in front of cars etc.

He needs mental health care though not locking up.

Who said anything about people with mental health problems?

There is two like you describe near me, obvious mental health problems, everyone knows them, the police know them. police know what they are dealing with if they become a nuisance, quite different to trying to deal with a complete stranger.

Why has mental health already come into this thread?

Soldato
Am I missing something here, he was arrested?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...reams-not-terrorists-not-suicide-bombers.html

Says he was arrested the next day and charged with 2 public order offences? Why is this even news worthy, is it just because he's a Muslim?

And catches up with thread :)

No he shouldn't have been arrested and the police officer seems to have done a good job defusing the situation. The man didn't make any threats just sounded a little aggrieved due to the fact he feels, as the witness confirmed, he was harassed and now the police are in his view unfairly speaking to him.

Seems like the usual daily non story Muslim thread that will probably do another 15 pages.

As i just found out, he got arrested the next day, so your wrong.

From link:

"The following day he was arrested at his home in Birmingham’s Jewellery Quarter and, after being questioned, was charged with two public order offences.
Unemployed Henderson appeared at Birmingham Magistrates Court on July 6 where counts of using insulting, threatening words or behaviour and using racially aggravated insulting words or behaviour were put to him.
He was bailed to reappear before magistrates on September 6 with conditions not to contact his alleged victim."

Soldato
There's quite a few street preachers in Nottingham from various religions. Not sure why you would call the police on them though unless they were preaching some weird hatred. Sounds like one of the special ********** took offense that a Muslim was speaking loudly on their streets and called the old bill.

Bloke is clearly an idiot though as rather than speak to the police and explain what hes doing he's decided its a good idea to rant. What a waste of time arresting him would be though, I'm glad they didn't waste the man hours on him.

So in summery idiot reports idiot for non event, police aren't interested.

Soldato
As i just found out, he got arrested the next day, so your wrong.

From link:

"The following day he was arrested at his home in Birmingham’s Jewellery Quarter and, after being questioned, was charged with two public order offences.
Unemployed Henderson appeared at Birmingham Magistrates Court on July 6 where counts of using insulting, threatening words or behaviour and using racially aggravated insulting words or behaviour were put to him.
He was bailed to reappear before magistrates on September 6 with conditions not to contact his alleged victim."

So good result all round?

Soldato
Wrong in your assumption that he shouldn't be arrested.

Is it really that hard to figure out what i meant?

He wasn't arrested though? He was the following day for his behavior to the police. Like I said, he handled the police completely wrong and instead of asking them if he was doing anything wrong, he went off on one.

The thing is, he's not doing anything wrong in the first instance, if he spoke to the police properly then its a none event.

Last edited:
Soldato
There's quite a few street preachers in Nottingham from various religions. Not sure why you would call the police on them though unless they were preaching some weird hatred. Sounds like one of the special ********** took offense that a Muslim was speaking loudly on their streets and called the old bill.

Bloke is clearly an idiot though as rather than speak to the police and explain what hes doing he's decided its a good idea to rant. What a waste of time arresting him would be though, I'm glad they didn't waste the man hours on him.

So in summery idiot reports idiot for non event, police aren't interested.

It states in the article that he got in to a woman's face and yelled at her for the clothes she was wearing, seems like a reasonable reason to report someone to the police.

Soldato
Wrong in your assumption that he shouldn't be arrested.

Is it really that hard to figure out what i meant?

It wasn't a assumption it was my opinion. I didn't assume he wasn't or was arrested. I said I don't think he should have been arrested

It was as what you quoted and stated didn't make sense :confused:

Associate
Should have arrested and kept him in a cell overnight to cool off as most police do with any aggressive persons. But wat's done can't be undone. Hope he's making a good living from his preaching and that the British taxpayer is not supporting his missionary activities.

Back
Top Bottom