• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** OcUK HAS 21 CUSTOM GTX 1080 MODELS READY FOR PRE-ORDER !! **

Associate
Have EVGA given any reason that supply of their cards is absolute pants?

ASUS have the excuse that they set unachievable clock speeds and the launch price was a misprice. However EVGA cards are mostly reference design with mild overclocks and fairly ordinary coolers. So why is it that every time I get a delivery estimate, when the time comes it gets delayed by 2-3 weeks. I can't even cancel as I have a 1080 waterblock waiting and every 1080 is £100 more expensive now cause of Brexit and other things.

Hi

This really confuses me why you have not received your card

I was told by Overclockers we had cleared all remaining backorders on the GTX1080 SC and FTW cards you have.

I am sorry if this is not the case. We have more GTX1080 SC cards landing with Overclockers at the end of next week. Friday 19th I would expect.

Sorry for this delay.

Thanks
Ben

OcUK Staff
OP
Hi

I was told by Overclockers we had cleared all remaining backorders on the GTX1080 SC and FTW cards you have.

I am sorry if this is not the case. We have more GTX1080 SC cards landing with Overclockers at the end of next week. Friday 19th I would expect.

Sorry for this delay.

Thanks
Ben

Ben when you were here the number you see are just purchases via credit/debit card, unfortunately Amazon/Paypal orders remain hidden until stock actually lands. I cannot see Amazon orders so there is nothing I can do with those.

I just had sales manager give me the numbers remaining on 1080:
1080 SC: Still 16 pre-orders to clear.
1080 FTW: Still 7 pre-orders to clear.

So not so many, hopefully these can all be cleared next week? As discussed even better would be to get 100-200 units into stock so we actually have product on the shelf to sell. :)

Associate
Ben when you were here the number you see are just purchases via credit/debit card, unfortunately Amazon/Paypal orders remain hidden until stock actually lands. I cannot see Amazon orders so there is nothing I can do with those.

So not so many, hopefully these can all be cleared next week? As discussed even better would be to get 100-200 units into stock so we actually have product on the shelf to sell. :)

Will clear them early next week I hope.

I will try and ship these to clear for Wednesday/Thursday.

Ben

Associate

I'm hoping too, everytime I contact CS I'm told I'm xx place in the queue, then it's posted here the amount that should be coming in, iirc the last two deliveries should have covered my place in the queue, but apparently not. Still waiting for my SC after 50 days :(

Soldato
Hi

Sorry for this delay.

Thanks
Ben

I bought my card from another website as I had vouchers and a discount code. I know Gibbo would tell me that I should have bought from OcUK but I simply couldn't afford it. It was either 1080 from them or nothing.

Basically every time I get a delivery estimate, about 10pm the night before I get an email saying it's been delayed by 2-3 weeks. Would it be possible to talk to you in private about this cause it might be that said retailers are being scumlords and so you aren't prioritising them.

Associate
Anyone got any new on the 1080Ti? - will it be released as they did with the 980Ti.

I have a 980Ti MSI Lightning and would love to upgrade to the 1080Ti MSI Lightning when released (if it ever is).

Soldato
Anyone got any new on the 1080Ti? - will it be released as they did with the 980Ti.

I have a 980Ti MSI Lightning and would love to upgrade to the 1080Ti MSI Lightning when released (if it ever is).

This is thread you want, don't hold your breath about the TI coming anytime soon by the shambles of the 1080 launch.

https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18743811

It pleases me to see the level of support Ben is giving, and even I am encouraged to purchase an EVGA next time around so long as the support is so good :)

Support is one thing, getting cards out to customers from EVGA has been a disgrace a total let down on the 1080 launch, i am yet to receive my 1080 which i ordered in MAY:mad:

Soldato

I can put a bet, that we ain't going to see 1080Ti this year if ever.

The Titan is a cut down Quadro, Volta is coming next year, and I do not see any other bigger Pascal in the works. Only "potential" rumour mills of potential GPUs.

Probably a re-naming of the 1080 if they re-spin at 14nm.

Is that a genuine OC (1936 boost) and not a Gaming one?

My MSI 1080 Armor OC, has 1911 boost out of the box before even installing Afterburner...

Soldato
The 1080ti has barely any room to fit into if it ever comes given the titan is already a cut down card not utilising the full die.

nvidia seem to have engineered a 25% gap between each card 1060 - 1070 -1080 - titan

1080ti would be less than 25%.

Caporegime
The 1080ti has barely any room to fit into if it ever comes given the titan is already a cut down card not utilising the full die.

nvidia seem to have engineered a 25% gap between each card 1060 - 1070 -1080 - titan

1080ti would be less than 25%.

Agree. That's always been my issue once the Titan came out. Plus of the rumours are true about Volta been out in January it only really leaves nvidia with bringing a 1080ti out before xmas with maybe a slightly cut down Titan and a new Titan with all the cores enabled.

Not sure they would even do that though if 1080 and Titans still selling faster than they can make them

Associate
Are there nVidia cards likely to be coming down in price anytime soon as at the moment I'm finding the prices rather repugnant even the 1060 'entry' card is overpriced. I'm sick of it I really am. :(

OcUK Staff
OP
It's not going to mix well with most loops unless you use strong corrosion inhibitors.

Here is the response Zotac gave:

Our waterblock was made by aluminum with antioxidant protection. Based on our own test, we did not find any problem even with water (not coolant). Also many of the radiator you can find on the market were made by aluminum also.

Also we had a note inside the package, which tell the end-user this waterblock can only work with coolant made for PC watercooling. Our waterblock would not cause any issue to end-user's waterloop.

Back
Top Bottom