PlayStation 4 Pro in-bound

Soldato
Geez. I've had my PS4 for just under a year and its already going to obsolete? My big worry is that there will be new games coming out that will ONLY work on the PS 4.5 and I'll be forced to get a new system or be left behind :/

Caporegime
My big worry is that there will be new games coming out that will ONLY work on the PS 4.5 and I'll be forced to get a new system or be left behind :/

No, they've said that's out of the question both for Microsoft and Sony. I hope that from now on they stick to x86 and all these games will be working in twenty years time. (Unless they ditch hardware and move to internet streaming like PS Now.)

Soldato
No, they've said that's out of the question both for Microsoft and Sony.

Oh? Well good. Hopefully they don't change their minds about that later to make more monies! :o

The only thing that would make me think about getting a new system, at least in the short term, would be if its a better VR experience and if it comes with a better sized hard drive. 1GB lasted me a good while, but I've got to the point where I need to start deleting old games to make way for new ones.

2GB would be nice. Or even 4GB?

Soldato
Yeh it is an interesting strategy and no doubt we'll be upgrading more often. What I do like however is that in theory we will never lose backwards compatibility

Caporegime
Yeh it is an interesting strategy and no doubt we'll be upgrading more often. What I do like however is that in theory we will never lose backwards compatibility

Hopefully it'll be a two console system. So they can say OK, here's PS 4.5 and your games work on this and the PS4. Then the next one comes along and the games will work on PS5 and PS4.5. And so on...

Soldato
Hopefully it'll be a two console system. So they can say OK, here's PS 4.5 and your games work on this and the PS4. Then the next one comes along and the games will work on PS5 and PS4.5. And so on...

Yeh good idea, this would be for forward compatibility though right? I.e. New games would support 4.5 and 5 then 5 and 5.5 etc?
No reason the 4 games couldn't still work on 5.5 down the line if it is all X86 :D

Caporegime
Or as Broadband speed increases they all go down the Nvidia shield route

Yes in a way Sony already have that in place with PS now. I suppose that could be done right now if they were so inclined - offer games at multiple resolutions according to your internet speed. But after the outcry with the Xbox it's got to be at least another 10 years before anyone tries doing away with optical discs again. :D

Caporegime
So a Foxconn employee has made a sketch of what his factory is currently producing - the PS4 Neo. Spookily, when I saw what the new PS4 slim looked like and after reading that the Neo would be a few inches thicker than the current PS4 and a bit heavier, I reckoned the Neo would have just another one of the top slices on top.

CnlKTVE.jpg.png

From that artsi on Neogaf made a rendering

koelcd0.jpg.png

Soldato
Don't really like the curved part at the front...am I playing games on this machine or digging sand.
It looks okay but the extra layer just starts to remind of me of those liquorish squares,

Soldato
Yeh not a big fan of the design. I wish they would confirm some spec details as well. Guess this isn't coming out until 2017 now.

Soldato
Yeh not a big fan of the design. I wish they would confirm some spec details as well. Guess this isn't coming out until 2017 now.

If you believe what the press are saying, they're busy scrambling around in the background trying to find a way to compete with Scorpio.

It's looking like Microsoft have suckerpunched Sony on the spec front this time round.

Soldato
If you believe what the press are saying, they're busy scrambling around in the background trying to find a way to compete with Scorpio.

It's looking like Microsoft have suckerpunched Sony on the spec front this time round.

We think they have as based on Microsoft last few years what they say and do end up being vastly different plus I find it hard to belive they can do 4k gaming and keep price reasonable when a 1080 alone is 700 quid. I think Sony is pushing vr more than anything and 4k isn't there end game. If they push vr like they did blu ray I can see that taking off quicker than 4k gaming will

Back
Top Bottom