***Official Squad Thread***

Associate
I'm thinking of buying this in a minute but not 100% sure I will be able to run it ok? what do you think? I know there is going to be an update soon to fix performance but will it be playable now on my setup? anyone else got this with similar specs to me?

thanks

Soldato
OP
I'm thinking of buying this in a minute but not 100% sure I will be able to run it ok? what do you think? I know there is going to be an update soon to fix performance but will it be playable now on my setup? anyone else got this with similar specs to me?

thanks

Steam Halloween sale might be dropping soon. May be worthwhile to hang on for a few more hours and see it if makes it in.

Remember you can always buy from Steam and refund if you're not happy with it.

The Steam refund offer, within two weeks of purchase and with less than two hours of playtime, applies to games and software applications on the Steam store.

We're aiming to have Alpha v8 out soon which will be our first patch which is focused on addressing many performance issues.

Associate
Steam Halloween sale might be dropping soon. May be worthwhile to hang on for a few more hours and see it if makes it in.

Remember you can always buy from Steam and refund if you're not happy with it.

We're aiming to have Alpha v8 out soon which will be our first patch which is focused on addressing many performance issues.

I'm not buying from steam as skint but have cash in my g2a wallet to spend,i really want to buy it but not sure if I will get playable frames on my system,i can play every other game ive tried at very good frames,eg battlefield 1 over 70fps on ultra etc

Soldato
OP
Upcoming Tournaments

Hi Squaddies,

Want to take Squad to the next level? Get your teams together, because there are lots of opportunities to compete coming up. Squad Masters is hosting the first massive round robin tournament of Squad in November, and with the launch of Squad Frontlines, there will be even more opportunities to compete!

GMmdB8m.png

Squad Masters November Championship

1IsMHxQl.jpg.png

Saturday, November 12th kicks off two separate hybrid round robin tournaments. Theres a 12 man league and an 18 man league, where winners in a qualifying round robin stage proceed to a single elimination second stage and then the championship final.

In the first stage, groups of four teams compete separately and winners proceed to the second stage. The top two participants are saved from each group, and when teams are tied theyre ranked by the number of wins each had against the others. The second stage is a single elimination tournament.

So gather your troops and get your clan ready - registration is open until November 7th! Registration, rules, and more information can be found here.

GMmdB8m.png

Squad Frontlines

YsfHFhU.png

Squad Frontlines is a brand new free tournament based around Squad. Unlike any other clan ladder or online tournament, anybody can join and players participate in a simulated war called a campaign. Campaigns stretch over the course of several months with weekly battles.

The tournament includes commanding officers, divisions, and a grand battle map on the front page showing the progress of the war from week to week. Divisions are self governed and members can climb their way to the top to command their own company of soldiers or even become a general!

Squad Frontlines is built on a foundation of leadership, dedication and organisation. Team play is the rule, not the exception. Every soldier in the tournaments participate in making their division a well-oiled machine making their weekly battles some of the most intense and rewarding ways that Squad can be played.

Registration for Squad Frontlines will be live very soon, with weekly battles starting soon after on Saturdays! Rules and more information can be found here.

GMmdB8m.png

Get out there and have fun!

Between the November Championship with Squad Masters and the launch of Squad Frontlines, next month will have a lot going on! Both of these events are operated independently outside of Squad and Offworld Industries, but we love the enthusiasm and the opportunity to play the game in different ways. Enjoy the tournaments!

Offworld Out.

Soldato
OP
I'm not buying from steam as skint but have cash in my g2a wallet to spend,i really want to buy it but not sure if I will get playable frames on my system,i can play every other game ive tried at very good frames,eg battlefield 1 over 70fps on ultra etc

It's a very different beast to other games. Larger player numbers, unlimited draw distance, engine is still being developed etc so you can't really compare to other games unfortunately.

Associate
It's a very different beast to other games. Larger player numbers, unlimited draw distance, engine is still being developed etc so you can't really compare to other games unfortunately.

ok thanks,i think I'm going to wait a while and buy from steam when I have the funds as that way if it dosnt run for me I can get a refund,looks an amazing game though and ive been wanting it for ages

Soldato
OP
ok thanks,i think I'm going to wait a while and buy from steam when I have the funds as that way if it dosnt run for me I can get a refund,looks an amazing game though and ive been wanting it for ages

Wanted to tell you earlier but we're having a free weekend soon :)

Stack-Up.Org Charity Stream

lhxcFxIl.jpg.png

Stack-Up!

Veterans Day is coming up, and we wanted to do something with you for the occasion! We're going even deeper into our recent partnership with Stack-Up to bring you a full day of prizes, live streams, competitions, a chance to chat with developers, all while helping out veterans. So November 11, make sure you're around for the Squad Up for Stack-Up Call to Arms Veterans Day Weekend Fundraiser.

We'll be kicking things off at 12:00 PM PST and running until about 7:00 PM PST.

The Squad Development team in conjunction with our streaming partners and developer friends are teaming up for the extended charity drive and hope we can entertain you enough that you'll join us in supporting active and retired soldiers through video games.

We are planning to have a variety of friends and streamers there including but not limited to:

Insurgency Developers
Battalion 1944 Developers
Onward VR FPS Developer
Tripwire Developers

Over 40 streamers will be attending.

The Squad team will be pledging $10,000 USD to Stack-Up and we are aiming to match that in donations over the course of our charity campaign. (which will technically run until Dec 31st of this year). You can of course also make a small donation via purchases in our Squad Merchandise store which was launched earlier this week! ($5 of every item purchased)

Here's the merch store announcement, just in case you missed it.

GMmdB8m.png

Squad Up!

The Squad community has always been something were proud of - you've always had our backs and stuck with us through good patches and bad patches. With the coming release of Alpha 8 we finally feel like we have something we are really proud to show off to the greater gaming community.

In conjunction with our Alpha 8 release and our November 11th Charity event, Squad will be running its first ever Steam free weekend from Thursday November 10th at 10AM PST (5pm GMT) to Sunday November 13th at 1PM PST (8pm GMT). This will be a great chance to finally pile all your skeptical friends into the game and squad up. We are extremely excited for this event and have been waiting a long time for it.

You should expect a variety of surprises coming your way along with the free weekend and working with our partners Bluefang, Multiplay, Fragnet, and Pingperfect, we are prepared to have a cluster of extra servers ready for the influx of new players.

Please help us in welcoming them and helping people through their first trauma inducing RPG hits.

wL8Pe4il.jpg.png

The schedule is going to be packed

We'll be hosting this party from the Offworld studios, where some of our developers will be playing the game with you, streaming, and having a blast.

Here are some of the highlights:

Community Clan fight night: Some of the best combat in the community
Streamer/Developers VS Streamer/Developers: 72 man battle royale!
4 vs 4 CQB random maze bracket tournament
Squad OPs: One life to live in this mission based Game mode
Developer Question and Answer live on our Squad twitch stream.

GMmdB8m.png

Call to Arms

The Squad community is filled with veterans of all generations and we are very fortunate to have the opportunity to play our game with them on a regular basis. They've become the backbone of many of the best communities and clans and we greatly appreciate their passion for Squad. We have four of our own who have served in various roles for their respective militaries and it is the least we can do to show our commitment to them as developers and partners.

Our hope is that by becoming a fundamental pillar of Stack-up, Squad and its community can start to effect change on a larger scale and encourage others to do the same.

On November 11th, we hope to see you at the charity drive to support Stack-Up and honour all our brothers and sisters in arms.

Offworld Out.

Join the Discussion >>

Associate
Not sure how much I'm allowed to say tbh, but I think most people were reporting 20-30FPS boost. More GPU intensive now so guys with 1080's etc getting huge gains.

Back
Top Bottom