**SANTA DELIVERS - ASUS ROG CLAYMORE 100% AVAILABLE TO PRE-ORDER NOW**

Associate
The Asus tax is real :O. I understand OCUK don't set the RRP but c'mon folks Asus are having a laugh with this.

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
OP
The Asus tax is real :O. I understand OCUK don't set the RRP but c'mon folks Asus are having a laugh with this.

I'll agree with everyone £200 is a lot of money but the Ducky YOTM sold out in a week at the same price, and people are putting on their pre-orders with us for this one. There is obviously a market for these Elite Tier peripherals.

If it's not for you we've got you COVERED:

Soldato
You could save yourself the £60 and write in the sand with a stick. Comparing apples and oranges here mate, at least compare similar products.

You realise your mistake here and continue, however, cheapest on our site RGB wise is Roccat Suora FX - £129.95, and it isn't Cherry, next up is the Corsair Strafe, and then the Claymore 80% TKL. By exaggerating the amount of similar keyboards feature wise and comparing the price you weaken your argument rather than strengthening it

Aura sync? Motherboard feature integration? R&D? Software development? Shipping? Not to forget ROG tax. Never forget ROG Tax

"Only 2 things in life are certain, death and ROG Tax." - Benjamin Franklin 1854

I can happily link you to a beautiful Corsair Strafe RGB with Cherry red switches for £117 but I'd get a ban or infraction for it! Also that isn't an exaggeration if I can give you a link for it now is it but ofc I can't, that £83 would buy me a set of 2x8gb DDR4 sticks of RAM or a excellent 550w PSU.

One last thing a keyboard for £60 means I'd save £140 not £60 :eek: OCUK arn't always the cheapest either in all products, even if the majority are well priced and customer service is great.

Last edited:
Associate
I'll agree with everyone £200 is a lot of money but the Ducky YOTM sold out in a week at the same price, and people are putting on their pre-orders with us for this one. There is obviously a market for these Elite Tier peripherals.

If it's not for you we've got you COVERED:

Still rocking my ducky shine 2, mx browns with white led. I think if I was to get another keyboard I'd get ducky again. You don't get any bells or whistles but they feel solid.

OcUK Staff
OP
I can happily link you to a beautiful Corsair Strafe RGB with Cherry red switches for £117 but I'd get a ban or infraction for it! Also that isn't an exaggeration if I can give you a link for it now is it but ofc I can't, that £83 would buy me a set of 2x8gb DDR4 sticks of RAM or a excellent 550w PSU.

One last thing a keyboard for £60 means I'd save £140 not £60 :eek: OCUK arn't always the cheapest either in all products, even if the majority are well priced and customer service is great.

RRP on that board is £134.99, they are selling at a loss. Can't be used as an example for that reason.

Think about it like this - I could put the price of the STRAFE down to £49.99 and be making a loss like PC World. Does that mean the worth of that keyboard is now £49.99?

Last edited:
Soldato
RRP on that board is £134.99, they are selling at a loss. Can't be used as an example for that reason.

Think about it like this - I could put the price of the STRAFE down to £49.99 and be making a loss like PC World. Does that mean the worth of that keyboard is now £49.99?
This kb probably cost corsair and Asus less than £49.99 :p so you are paying the tax too.

Associate
the 80% Core keyboard was on at ( i think) £159.99 for Pre-Orders and when stock landed pricing was revised to £139.99. If the Same was to happen here and we got a price of around £179.99 it would be more reasonable. +£60 for a keypay is too much £40 just about justifiable

Soldato
You could almost get a decent gpu for that price, I still use my Microsoft sidewinder still don't get why someone would spend 200 quid on a keyboard for some rgb ligthing and some rog stickers lol

OcUK Staff
OP
the 80% Core keyboard was on at ( i think) £159.99 for Pre-Orders and when stock landed pricing was revised to £139.99. If the Same was to happen here and we got a price of around £179.99 it would be more reasonable. +£60 for a keypay is too much £40 just about justifiable

When I listed the Core I was given a ballpark figure for the RRP and had to go higher otherwise we would have lost money if the RRP was lower. This time round the RRP is confirmed by ASUS.

Last time round there were a few dozen happy people who had pre-ordered the Core at £159.99 but we shipped it to them at £139.99 :)

Back
Top Bottom