Come laugh at me, I got owned by a Milk float.

Soldato
First of all, I have not seen a milk float since the 90's.. anyway.

I took my brother to work this morning and on the journey I was behind 2 cars which then overtook a milk float, ah I thought, that's why there is traffic this early. An island was coming up but I thought "np, it's a milkfloat, I can make it in time" so I started overtaking and as I was passing him I realized there is no way I'm gunna make it, it's like it was an act of spite and he sped up so I slowed down to drop back into lane and again it was like an act of spite and he slowed down so I ended up coming to a full stop in front of the island and had to reverse a bit so I could clear it when setting off. If it was anything but a milk float I wouldn't have attempted to overtake.

tl;dr I lost a drag race to a milk float :(

tnx

tnx

Associate
Reminded me of a similar tale..

A good few years back, 1994 if memory serves me right. I owned a 1.6 Sierra saloon.
Now I live at the top of a long steep hill, I turned the corner to go up the hill and there was a bus at the bus stop. Road was well clear, no oncoming traffic so I proceeded to overtake the bus.
After a sec or two I realised the people on the bus were going past me. I flawed it !!!
Then slid in behind a BIG SLOW bus, going UP HILL..

That car could not pull skin off a rice pudding. Lovely and smooth to drive with a huge boot though.
Took me 6 years after that to buy my first 3 litre straight 6 motor. No more loosing races with buses..

Soldato
Not as bad a milkcart but I remember drag racing an old granny off the line in a newish Micra (I was in a 54reg 1.6 focus)

I thought to myself, I better get in front of that biddy, or I'll be doing 20 the rest of the way, I gave it everything, but she thrashed me off the line and was long gone! I couldn't believe it :p

Caporegime
Not as bad a milkcart but I remember drag racing an old granny off the line in a newish Micra (I was in a 54reg 1.6 focus)

I thought to myself, I better get in front of that biddy, or I'll be doing 20 the rest of the way, I gave it everything, but she thrashed me off the line and was long gone! I couldn't believe it :p

There's a woman near me who's kinda like that. Drives a C63...at no more than 25mph. She floors it off the line, gets in front of people and then just crawls. Must be about 80 years old.

Back
Top Bottom