OnePlus 3T

Associate
Ditto, asked at an O2 store if I can buy one PAYG unlocked, was advised no they are locked on contract only.

their twitter feed was the same.. i asked if it was unlocked and they replied it was locked to o2.. i then replied saying people who have the phone are confirming it is unlocked.. they replied again apologising and confirmed that the phone was indeed unlocked.. :rolleyes:

Associate
Just to add for confirmation, my wife bought a 128G 3T in an O2 store ON PAYG yesterday and it was unlocked. The only stipulation was that she bought a £15 PAYG topup at the same time. Dual Sim is working really nicely, a great boon to her as she can keep work and personal stuff separate.

P.

Caporegime
Yeah had to buy a PAYG sim too - most annoying. Guess though if I have any problems Ill have to deal with O2 rather than Oneplus so thats worth the £15...

ps3ud0 :cool:

Soldato
It's arrived!!!... :D

It's arrived at home, and I'm at work (30 miles away)!!!... :(

I want to have a play but can't! and my wife wants to get her sticky fingers on it!!! She say's it's now hers as she signed for it!!! Gonna have to wrestle it off her tonight! :D ;)

Soldato
are o2 good to deal with when problems happen? and/or are oppo bad?

I'm currently dealing with o2 at the moment, they lost my phone when I sent it in for a repair so yea... not great, I would like to think this is a one off incident though.

Repair company is called Anovo.

Oneplus didn't even acknowledge that there is a problem with the phone (screen colour uniformity), twice.

Last edited:
Associate
I'm currently dealing with o2 at the moment, they lost my phone when I sent it in for a repair so yea... not great, I would like to think this is a one off incident though.

Oneplus didn't even acknowledge that there is a problem with the phone (screen colour uniformity), twice.
not a great experience then, what is it with mobile company's/service providers and crap service, it almost seems normal-they all seem the same!

Soldato

Anovo are a shocking company. They also deal with HTC repairs and they were unfortunately a nightmare to deal with when I had an issue with my HTC One M7.

I don't know why networks use companies that are basically not up to par with even undertaking basic tasks. :confused:

I hope they find your phone...

Soldato
Anovo are a shocking company. They also deal with HTC repairs and they were unfortunately a nightmare to deal with when I had an issue with my HTC One M7.

I don't know why networks use companies that are basically not up to par with even undertaking basic tasks. :confused:

I hope they find your phone...

I had had enough and took to writing a nice long complaint, lo and behold I got a phone call today from the O2 complaints department being very apologetic, they have barred my old phone and are sending me a OP3T as a replacement, that took them 2 days to reach that decision, my phone has been lost since before Christmas!

Obviously I am pretty happy with that outcome but I am appalled at the service I received from O2 and Anovo and it shouldn't have taken a formal complaint from me to get this issue sorted.

Hopefully this device isn't another one with a dodgy screen! :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Soldato
^Nice! A good result. It should not have taken for you to write a long complaint for them to make that decision for a phone that has been lost since before Christmas.

I don't know who's worse O2 or OP for their CS?

Fingers crossed the screen is much better on the replacement.

Soldato
They're both pretty terrible but for different reasons, OP didn't even acknowledge there was a problem with the screen, twice, but they did turnaround both times in less than a week. Also, their communication is terrible and very impersonal/generic which I guess is to be somewhat expected from a large company. Regardless, the phone should have never left the factory in the state it was in, OP's standards are too low or their QC department is crap.

I never actually got O2 to acknowledge the fault beyond the lady in the shop seeing it, the first time I sent it off they sent it straight back saying the phone wasn't purchased at O2, I had the receipt in my wallet so the phone was sent back 10mins after I had received it and that's the point at which it was lost, it seems.

Associate
Looking at moving onto one of these from my currently off for repair 5x, a good upgrade?

I'm just after a good battery and a decent camera, anyone come from a 5x. How would it compare batter and camera wise? I thought the 5x camera was great.

Caporegime
Looking at moving onto one of these from my currently off for repair 5x, a good upgrade?

I'm just after a good battery and a decent camera, anyone come from a 5x. How would it compare batter and camera wise? I thought the 5x camera was great.

Battery life will be better on the 3T.

Camera will be a downgrade overall coming from a 5x, especially for low light.

Last edited:
Soldato
My OP3T has turned up, they sent me a 64Gb gunmetal :)

The screen is not perfect but it's close enough for me, there is a slight light area at the very top of the screen but it doesn't affect use like my OP3 did.

Christ, I forgot how fast this damn phone is compared to my Nexus 5, I can now get on with my life and participate in OP chat woot :D

...am I being blind, or is the sRGB mode missing from the dev options?

Oh nvm, they've moved it to display settings!

Last edited:
Associate
Just went to buy one from o2, the stumbling block was they wouldn't let me put the £15 top up on my existing o2 pay and go. I had to get a new SIM. So I passed, already paying over the odds from o2 without wasting £15 on another SIM I don't want or need.

I might order online now or just wait for my 5x to get repaired or not repaired if you read various forums. Anyone know how long delivery generally is from one plus?

Back
Top Bottom