Poll: Italian Grand Prix 2022, Monza - Race 16

Rate the Italian Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
They really need a rule of SC event within x laps of the end means red flag to ensure always racing at the end. Would’ve hoped that rule would’ve been considered after last year

Why though? That is then saying that the race x laps before the end is more important than any other part of the race. I'd rather all parts of the race be treated equally, and the FIA/F1 suffer egg on their face when the SC takes the chequered flag. ;)

I'd much prefer a rule that adds 1 lap to the race for every 2 behind the safety car or something like that up to a maximum of x laps/percentage race distance. That way we aren't missing out as much. Some will cry about the engines and fuel etc.. Well you you simply amend the regs for future years saying x components and fuel must last for x laps plus x percent.

Given cars are generally doing a few laps around the track before even heading to the grid, it should be much of a problem.

Soldato
RBR got everything right again. Mind you, they are just too fast for anything else on the grid but fair play to them. Max’s first few laps were awesome and he capitalised to the maximum. A quality drive overall.

Monumentally happy for De Vries. Just showing that Latifi shouldn’t have a seat. Yeah I know it’s just one race and De Vries was starting out of position but he wasn’t phased by the occasion and delivered the best result possible, all things considered.

Solid drive by George, and I think Sainz should be happy with that drive too, given his starting point.

Can’t say it was a particularly exciting race, but I can’t complain at the outcome. A 2nd WDC is pretty much nailed on for Max. Such a smug git on the podium and I don’t blame him. Lol.

Soldato
This looks like a career ending drive from De Vries... just not for his career.

:cry: The only question surely is who replaces him and when... Will they wait for the end of the season? Could it be De Vries, certainly showed his talent this weekend...

On a different topic surely Binotto is fired now? Surely? I guess the strategy today wasn't completely lolferrari but it was close, that Medium choice was bizarre, he was never going to make it from there with 1 stop.

Soldato
Ricciardo's engine just completely shut off in the middle of Lesmo 1.

He wasnt doing great in the race anyway was he there was a huge gap between him and the car in front fairly early on in the race, and Gasly was unable to pass him so just ended up with a train of cars stuck behind him until Hamilton came past and one of the cars behind pitted.

Dropped from 4th to double digits before his engine gave up.

Soldato
:cry: The only question surely is who replaces him and when... Will they wait for the end of the season? Could it be De Vries, certainly showed his talent this weekend...

On a different topic surely Binotto is fired now? Surely? I guess the strategy today wasn't completely lolferrari but it was close, that Medium choice was bizarre, he was never going to make it from there with 1 stop.
They did say on Team Radio they pulled him in 6 laps early (under the VSC), hards would have definitely lost him the race as he wouldn't have kept pace with Max.
I don't see what else they could have done except leave him out, but they have been burnt so many times leaving the car out under SC/VSC they didn't want to risk it today I guess

Softs seemed to be the best tyre today, obviously the rules don't allow it but I think they could probably have run the race on 2 sets of softs today.

Soldato
The FIA need to get their **** together as they were god awful all weekend. Unless Binotto bunged them a small fortune to take the heat off him by being worse than Ferrari.

DeVries did tremendously well to score points on his first race. In a Williams. If he doesn’t get a seat for 2023, it’ll be a criminal waste of talent.

Soldato
i think safety cars have killed the excitement in the last few races they have apeared in.

I think they should close the pit lane with VSC or full SC is called. Last 5 laps of a race if a safety car is needed then red flag it maybe dont allow any changing of tyres.

Soldato
I think they should just stop throwing safety cars for literally everything. Use the VSC more and be harsh with anyone trying to gain an advantage.
The chance of a car failure each race at this point in the season is reasonably high, and it needs a vehicle to remove every so often. Other motorsports seem capable of driving round a track with maintenance vehicles also there. Why not F1?

Before people automatically go to Bianchi as evidence that it's too dangerous, I'd obviously expect the FIA to take conditions into account.
A nice sunny day... Just VSC it. Avoid the fan backlash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom