Poll: Singapore Grand Prix 2022, Marina Bay Street Circuit - Race 17

Rate the Singapore race out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Was this the most boring race of the year so far? I was expecting much more excitement with some rain.

Imola maybe? DRS trains there, after they eventually enabled it, but like here...

Probably Monaco actually but I didn't watch it :p

Dear God that's one for the boredom books. As I said.all these changes in the cars. Yea they can be close, but with zero overtaking unless they have DRS

Even with the DRS, it's clearly not as effective this year which makes sense given the rule changes, and add in tracks like this which were always bad for overtaking. Blame the cars as much as you want but it's clearly just a poor track...

Soldato
What's the point in a night race if the track is lit up as if it's midday? Would be far better if the track was dark, just some low lighting on corners and chicanes, but the cars had lights instead.

Soldato
City tracks like this are trash in the rain these days, the cars are so big, the sport is too cotton wrapped. Look at Monaco.
People like these tracks for some reason, so we should just accept that races will be boring.

Caporegime
City tracks like this are trash in the rain these days, the cars are so big, the sport is too cotton wrapped. Look at Monaco.
People like these tracks for some reason, so we should just accept that races will be boring.

Agreed. The whole thing was pretty embarrassing as a sporting spectacle yesterday.

Soldato
Watched this last night and yeah not a lot happened much like most Singapore races apart from slow attrition of who stayed on.

Was there no investigation for Verstappen passing Norris under VSC?

Soldato
Why would there be? The position was given straight back
Because you're not allowed to pass under VSC or SC, was stupid driving from the pair of them but puts the whole point of why VSC was brought in into question if there isn't some driving standard around it even though it was ending.

Soldato
I can see some changes to VSC rules coming. Increasingly, there is a lot of dangerous jostling going on under VSC which completely goes against the reason for being under VSC.

Soldato
If they're racing before the vsc has ended then why would Norris be so far back on the delta? Max isn't allowed to go past during vsc but does this not imply Norris was holding him up quite a bit?

Is there a minimum gap you must keep to the delta time?

Soldato
Why would there be? The position was given straight back
Because the rule is there to prevent dangerous incidents like exactly what almost happened. You're not allowed to pull up alongside the car in front, that was made absolutely crystal clear after his shenanigans last year. If you were allowed to do it but "give the place back" it'd open up a huge can of worms and end up being the same as circa 2021 where P2 was pulling alongside P1 at a restart. It's nonsense.
I thought Max was pretty close to breaking Max’s rule. I’m quite surprised that wasn’t flagged up as being under investigation.
He went ahead of him, so he did break it. Should have been a slam dunk, especially seen as that rule was brought in specifically to stop Max doing that. Absolute nonsense stewarding as usual.

Caporegime
So channel 4 never got highlights up last night.

Even now. No highlights.

I haven't read the thread. Is it even worth watching? Why it isn't on all4 I have no idea!

No spoilers! :D

Last edited:
Soldato
F1 has become broken yet the pundits like to keep going on about how F1 is in such a good place right now. That race was just another lottery whilst we keep allowing pit stops under VSC and Full SC. Nothing will come of the budget gate saga with Redbull and as Martin said, it will just fade away eventually and/or have no impact on anything. Redbull will continue to be toxic and leverage their power over everyone/thing.

The only way things get good again is if we start pushing to race at tracks where overtaking and close racing is a priority and stop pitstops under VSC/SC, and, for teams to catchup with the current huge advantage Redbull has. I think in time teams will catch up until the next reset, but the pitstop thing and rulings are still poor. This season they've not had the close competition where we scrutinize decisions as much between two close contenders, but the decisions have still been inconsistent. We just don't talk about them as much as they don't matter.

Caporegime
Because the rule is there to prevent dangerous incidents like exactly what almost happened. You're not allowed to pull up alongside the car in front, that was made absolutely crystal clear after his shenanigans last year. If you were allowed to do it but "give the place back" it'd open up a huge can of worms and end up being the same as circa 2021 where P2 was pulling alongside P1 at a restart. It's nonsense.

He went ahead of him, so he did break it. Should have been a slam dunk, especially seen as that rule was brought in specifically to stop Max doing that. Absolute nonsense stewarding as usual.

The rules don't apply to Max so much.

The cynical part of me thinks this is because he is F1's new golden boy (warranted, as he is very good). How he got away with what he did at the end of last season repeatedly and then the absolute farcical end to the season to hand him the title was nothing short of outrageous.

I understand people were bored of Lewis and Merc winning, but it isn't a sport if the competition has to be manufactured so much that the rules can just be ignored to create a spectacle.

Last edited:
Soldato

Sorry, but that's absolute typical Max hating nonsense. Lando was full throttle then braked hard. Even as a Lando fan, I think it was Norris causing the issue rather than Max. Carlos did very similar, although much less pronounced, to Lewis.

Drivers should be maintaining a constant predictable speed under VSC. Not speeding up and braking hard.

Soldato
I suspect Toto lost a lot of sleep overnight when Horner threatened to take the allegations very seriously. :) Then followed up this statement by declaring that he would be "very interested" to hear the source of such allegations. Of course he would, but he won't. Seeing CH squirm and become desperate like in those interviews where he's really, really annoyed underneath is so transparent. It makes me happy. Toto's response... "it's all noise". lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom