Over-rated / terrible movies?

Wzd

Wzd

Associate
Top Gun: Maverick. Like a vampire to the original, it sucks every last drop of nostalgia it possible can till you're left with an eye-rolling movie of tick-off references and a dull as dishwater back story, including an enemy who's as about as threatening as a sandy volleyball covered in man-sweat.

Last edited:
Soldato
Willow the movie.

Lord of the Rings.

Had to "endure" the first one at the cinema, and seen enough of the sequals to know its the same. Mainly the characters, D....Bilbo is such a big woke wet fanny, and his Irish mate clearly wants to bum him. I'm not into the whole fantasy thing. They spend the whole film moaning. Too heavy focus on GCI, rubbish "stage" acting from most of the cast.

I dunno if you guys get this, but I'm not really into most/almost all horror movies I find them pretty ridiculous so basically just want to the bad guy to win, I felt the same about this.

Are you sure you wasnt watching Brokeback Mountain?

Soldato
Top Gun: Maverick. Like a vampire to the original, it sucks every last drop of nostalgia it possible can till you're left with an eye-rolling movie of tick-off references and a dull as dishwater back story, including an enemy who's as about as threatening as a sandy volleyball covered in man-sweat.

Agree.

Soldato
Apocalypse Now but only because my first viewing was the "Redux" version. The pacing was terrible! I've watched the OG cut since and I think it's better. Anything Marvel. John Wick movies are utterly overrated but the 1st one is decent. Deadpool, never laughed once.

Soldato
Overrated:
Fury
I know quite a few people who were extras and supplied equipment and arms for the film, and what they were promised by the production crews vs what was released was a traversty. They were told they were going to get a gritty realistic portrayal of last days of WWII but what they got instead was a fantasy tank movie. If they wanted to do a fantasy tank movie production should have watched Kelly's Heroes, that's how you do a fantasy tank story.

Terrible:
The original Christopher Reeve Superman.
Iconoclastic I know but sorry, it is awful, I was dragged to the cinema to see it as kid, hated it and as I've matured it hasn't improved.

Soldato
Top Gun Maverick is a good example for this thread why the title doesn't really work, overrated sure but in no way terrible.
Yeah, it's definitely not a terrible film and I can see why people really like it.
The flight scenes were obviously excellent, it's just that the rest of it didn't hit the spot for me.

Last edited:
Permabanned
Strange as the original Superman is ranked number 1 out of them all of all time from multiple different sources, I do prefer Man of Steel and Superman Returns (2006) personally.

Last edited:
Soldato
Yeah, it's definitely not a terrible film and I can't see why people really like it.
The flight scenes were obviously excellent, it's just that the rest of it didn't hit the spot for me.
It's a beat for beat remake of the original with new shiny tech/faces and (trigger warning) swaps out the homo-erotic volleyball game ;) I jest of course, it is a fun popcorn flick.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom