The **Now Drinking** Thread

Soldato
Just cleaning the Mrs' cocktail kit and glasses (were Xmas presents) in preparation for tonight :D

IMG20221230180324-01.jpg

Soldato
Notionally trying to do dry January so sampling a few non-alcoholic beers.

Rather enjoyed Erdinger last year and have seen they have launched a new version of their alkoholfrei cut with Grapefruit. Certainly will grab a few more before the end of the month.

Soldato
Having a glass of Caol Ila 12. Used to be one of my regular whiskies but I haven't had any in a long time. Still good, although I sadly have to water it quite heavily these days or I get horrible heartburn :(

@{SAS}TB How was the 0.0% Guinness?
I'm drinking the Guinness 0 quite a bit nowadays, trying to stay off alcohol and think the Guinness is the best NA beer in the supermarkets. Definitely worth a punt, and usually it's £5 for 4 cans which is a good price. Leffe 0 is also pretty drinkable. Northern Monk do a good one aswell but it's over £2 for a small can. Honourable mention to Lucky Saint if you are looking for a lager. All the other lagers are very sweet.

Soldato
I've been trying a few N/A beers over here. It's too easy to grab a cold beer and sit in the sun. Not sure if it's the setting, but i've not actually minded the 0.0 Mahou lager. It doesn't seem to have the chemical taste i always find off putting in 0.0 beers. Might be that when it's cold it's still just nice and refreshing. Whereas when i'm at home i'll drink it on a Friday night on the sofa and it's not as enjoyable as a proper beer.

They also do some "Tostada" lagers which suit the alcohol free profile really well.

Did find this is a local brewery too which was very good. Although €4 a can means i won't be returning to it in a hurry!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom