Meater - worth it?

Soldato
I was weighing up whether to get a Meater a few months back and ended up going with the ThermoPro TempSpike as it was on offer on Amazon for about £55-60ish. Does all the same stuff as the Meater from the looks of it but was cheaper.

Associate
theres a couple of discounts on amazon for the thermospike tempspike 150m so it brings it down to £53.72

what cant it do that the meater can? anything? looks like it needs batteries rather than charge by usb

Soldato
Yeh i used those discounts so it made it a fair bit cheaper than the Meater.
I think it does everything the Meater can do really, think the BT range may be a bit better too. The apps look a lil diff, I imagine the Meater app is slightly more polished but the TempSpike one does everything you need in terms of setting target temps, alarms and ranges, custom cooks, temp recordings over time. Quite nifty really.
My TempSpike charges by USB-C too btw.

Associate
Yeh i used those discounts so it made it a fair bit cheaper than the Meater.
I think it does everything the Meater can do really, think the BT range may be a bit better too. The apps look a lil diff, I imagine the Meater app is slightly more polished but the TempSpike one does everything you need in terms of setting target temps, alarms and ranges, custom cooks, temp recordings over time. Quite nifty really.
My TempSpike charges by USB-C too btw.

cheers, pulled the trigger on one.

i'll give it a go on a slow cooked bbq pork shoulder this weekend if it turns up in time

Soldato

taB

taB

Associate
Have I already replied to this thread? Don't know.

The answer is yes for joints. Love it for my rotisserie cooking. Wouldn't bother with a steak. Cook it and press to check.

Soldato
I’ve had these since the kickstarter and still use them often. I’ve just seen the new one and I’ll probably get one… Meater 2 plus… The outside bit is metal and can get up to 500 degrees now… can be deep fried or used over open flames etc and 100% waterproof now. Also 5 temp probes in the inside bit. Not sure how well that work as the thing must conduct heat by itself, but it can’t be a bad thing.

Last edited:

img

img

Associate
I guess with the much cheaper competition they have finally upgraded. Will be interested to see reviews

Last edited:
Permabanned
it's the price .. we all know they should be cheaper .. hence why i got a thermo pro .. the idea is great .. and with how many they make the price should have come down .. and yes i understand profit r&d ect ect ..
i just class them the same as apple stuff .. sell that name ... :p

Back
Top Bottom