Post your favourite slow cooker recipes

Soldato
I made a thing a few times before, been a while, but like tins of mixed beans, rice, ginger, chilli, garlic, chicken stock, coconut milk, carrots, aubergine and spring onions.

I don't have a recipe sorry because I just wing it.

Ends up like a bean and rice stew.

Soldato
I do a 5 bean, bottle of Stout, Mince, chilli's, 80% Cocoa Choc, red onions, Worcester sauce and any soon to be out of date veg into the slow cooker for around 7 hours, which can make up to 20 take-away containers.

Soldato
Bought a slow cooker around a year ago and haven’t even opened the box yet :eek:

Now that winter is approaching, I figured now is a perfect time to make some decent stews or casseroles.

Does anyone have any decent stew recipes?

Associate
Using mine tomorrow to cook some stewing steak and then attempting to make a steak pie with puff pastry. Got to have a bash whats the worst that could happen.

Soldato
I was specifically looking for this thread. I have recently started using the slow cooker, I've since made Chicken curry and chilli con carne, both of which I was very satisfied with, except the cost per portion, I need to bulk it out more, but then the concern over getting the right amount of sauce is key.

I'm relying on the "Taming Twins" for my recipes at the moment, and I've also made a spreadsheet collating all the jars, tins, spices and herbs I have to make it easier when I'm going through the supermarket and looking at recipes so I know what I have.

The chicken curry I did was:

The chilli con carne I did was:

The next recipe I'm going to try is:

I have good expectations of the above one due to the use of Lentils as well as including Paneer, I imagine this will be more filling and go further, I can't wait to finish work at 8pm tonight after a 12 hour shift and run around Lidl to get the ingredients to get this fired up tomorrow morning.

Associate
This one never fails me.

Soft boiled eggs. (Dippy eggs, :D)

1. Place the room temperature eggs in the frying chamber of the Air Fryer.
  2. Select the Air Fry function and set the temperature to 132°C and the time for 9 minutes. Start the Air Fryer with the eggs in the frying chamber whilst preheating.
  3. Ignore when prompted to “Add Food” and “Turn Food.”
  4. Once cooked, use tongs to remove the eggs from the frying chamber and place immediately into a bowl of cold water for 5 minutes.
  5. Dry the eggs with a paper towel then roll on a hard surface to break the shell and carefully peel this away.
  6. Enjoy !!

Associate
The chicken curry I did was:
Hmmmm.

Variations on the Slow Cooker Chicken Curry recipe:​

• Butter Chicken Slow Cooker Curry – Add the juice of half a lemon, and 50g of butter before serving, stir well into the sauce.
  • Slow Cooker Chicken Korma – Use Korma curry powder, and add 3 tbsp of ground almonds before serving.
  • Madras Chicken Curry – Use Madras curry powder.
  • Slimming World Slow Cooker Chicken Curry – Count the Syns for the mango chutney and coconut milk.

Associate
We pay £9 for a Pulled Lamb (35min oven jobbie) because it's such a faff to get nice juicy. So I'm all Ears on anything that will produce nice Lamb in Slow cooker form.
Everything is painfully expensive these days I guess, such is life.

Soldato
We pay £9 for a Pulled Lamb (35min oven jobbie) because it's such a faff to get nice juicy. So I'm all Ears on anything that will produce nice Lamb in Slow cooker form.
Everything is painfully expensive these days I guess, such is life.

Think the past two meals I made hit £15 for what seemed to do 5 meals, 2 for me one day, 2 for gf and 1 small one for my son. The chilli defenitly went further and think that's a good one I'll use in the future and cost around £10 I think, maybe less.

I'm wanting £15 quid for a good 10 servings + really!, at this rate might have to go with some thing like "poor man's stew"

I'd expect any meal you do in the slow cooker re lamb would make it amazingly melt in the mouth, when I did the chicken curry even that just fell apart and was so nice, and when I did Gammon, the results were the same. Probably 8+ hours on low for best results I imagine.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom