Analogue 3D

Zaf

Zaf

Soldato
In case you haven’t already seen, Analogue have announced their next FPGA console, which will be their take on an N64 supporting 4K output.

Zaf

Zaf

Soldato
OP
This will be awesome, shame I was burnt by Analogue and won't be playing their games. There business model is all kinds of wrong.
Agreed! There model appears to just be limited runs and cashing in on FOMO. Why announce they are no longer making the SG and NT as there still seems to be a market for them, no doubt they will announce a limited run or special addition next year :rolleyes:

Man of Honour
They are the best out there by far. Everyone knows who they are now so why not just make as many as people want and make more money. I must be missing something.

If they made all the consoles available I would literally buy everyone as soon as money permitted.

Last edited:
Pet Northerner
Don
I managed to get a Pocket, PS5 and Series X at launch :D. I consider myself lucky on that front! Fingers crossed I can get my hands on one :).

I've had zero luck with anything from Analogue and won't bow to scalpers. Ps5 was fine mind, but I do work near a bricks and mortar game - so was easy enough to go in before my shift to place the pre-order.

Soldato
I'm in too. I've been toying with getting my N64 an HDMI upgrade, perhaps now I won't bother.

Still waiting for my Duo to arrive, it's been a long wait.
I'd hold off for now. Between this and the MiSTer core (and upcoming MARS FPGA device) I wonder how worthwhile some of the HDMI mods will be (although I feel there is still a place for them for hardcore original hardware enthusiasts).

Also, there is a lot of work going towards ADC features on the RetroTINK 5x Pro and upcoming 4K that are bridging gaps between analogue inputs and these digital mods! It might be worth checking out some of the efforts going into console profiles on RT4K.

I'm sure cleanest possible output will always be HDMI mod to an upscaler, but in terms of value for money ADC adjustments can produce amazing results.

Last edited:

Zaf

Zaf

Soldato
OP
I'd hold off for now. Between this and the MiSTer core (and upcoming MARS FPGA device) I wonder how worthwhile some of the HDMI mods will be (although I feel there is still a place for them for hardcore original hardware enthusiasts).

Also, there is a lot of work going towards ADC features on the RetroTINK 5x Pro and upcoming 4K that are bridging gaps between analogue inputs and these digital mods! It might be worth checking out some of the efforts going into console profiles on RT4K.

I'm sure cleanest possible output will always be HDMI mod to an upscaler, but in terms of value for money ADC adjustments can produce amazing results.

Thanks for sharing, I found the video really interesting.

Am I right to assume you could plug a MiSTer HDMI out in to the RT4K and upscale up to 4K?

So the MiSTer does all the console scaling up to 1080p and then the RT4K scales that signal to 4K?

Last edited:
Soldato
Thanks for sharing, I found the video really interesting.

Am I right to assume you could plug a MiSTer HDMI out in to the RT4K and upscale up to 4K?

So the MiSTer does all the console scaling up to 1080p and then the RT4K scales that signal to 4K?
Yeah, it will allow input upto 1080p to be scaled to 4K (I believe - Don't quote me entirely on that).

Zaf

Zaf

Soldato
OP
Yeah, it will allow input upto 1080p to be scaled to 4K (I believe - Don't quote me entirely on that).

Nice! I know I’ve hijacked my own thread a bit here but, I see this being a better investment if you’ve already got a MiSTer than buying the Analogue 3D.

I’m really keen to see where the MARSFPGA is going; 4K, all previous cores and Dreamcast plus Naomi (fingers crossed) if they do succeed with Dreamcast, what’s next PS2 and GameCube maybe?

Last edited:
Soldato
Nice! I know I’ve hijacked my own thread a bit here but, I see this being a better investment if you’ve already got a MiSTer than buying the Analogue 3D.

I’m really keen to see where the MARSFPGA is going; 4K, all previous cores and Dreamcast plus Naomi (fingers crossed) if they do succeed with Dreamcast, what’s next PS2 and GameCube maybe?
Yeah, the 4K RT is going to be ace, expensive mind you. MARS looks like great hybrid FPGA project, who knows on limitations there, covering DC/PS2 and GC generation would be awesome.

There is another option in the works from those who make the HDMI mods! PixelFX. I did intend on doing a thread on some of this stuff, but was going to hold off until the RT4K launches.

I guess this all depends on use case, sometimes it is nice to have a console to plug in, put a cartidge in and do the absolute minimum to get up and running.

I will no doubt be picking up both :).

Last edited:
Man of Honour
There website is such a joke, so strange to see all their consoles 'Sold Out' seems to make them look silly really. You know they could just make more if they wanted. I'm sure they will in a few years when they run out of consoles/handhelds to make. Rinse and repeat.

Man of Honour
There website is such a joke, so strange to see all their consoles 'Sold Out' seems to make them look silly really. You know they could just make more if they wanted. I'm sure they will in a few years when they run out of consoles/handhelds to make. Rinse and repeat.
Ive said that for years and GT3's

Back
Top Bottom