*** Offical Dragon's Dogma 2 Thread ***

Man of Honour
I quite liked the fast travel meme though :p

Qp4J4eQ.jpeg

Associate
I've always considered it (and DD1) to be an AA game, for me its akin to the Gothic series or Elex 1/2. Not sure I really agree with this labelling of it as a AAA game.
With Ubi going from making AAA games to making AAAA games, it's only fair that AA games are now AAA games. It's called inflAtion, though maybe it's inflAAtion now :D

Last edited:
Soldato
Lmao

So the game won't let you create a new character, so some people have tried to delete save files or other games files to trick the game into letting them start over

Bad idea, cause Denuvo is so aggressive some people are getting banned for tampering with game files

Man of Honour
Im enjoying the game but I wanna start a new char. why did Capcom do this?
They've announced they are putting in the start new option, so I guess at the moment carry on with your existing character, I dont imagine it will be long before the new start option is released.

Associate
Hopefully they add an option to have multiple characters/save slots but I get the feeling they're not going to, it seems more like they're just going to let you delete your existing save (as in DD1). Can't believe they thought it was a good idea to release the game without letting you start a new character at all :confused:

Last edited:
Soldato
They've announced they are putting in the start new option, so I guess at the moment carry on with your existing character, I dont imagine it will be long before the new start option is released.
I hope so, I want to try out a Thief as they looks like fun.

Soldato
It takes literally 2 seconds to delete your saved files so you can start a new save... I did it as I made old lady that ran like a **** so had to change it haha

It takes 0 seconds on pretty much any other game that didn't make such a stupid design choice.
If we always make excuses for mediocrity and bad decisions then they'll continue doing it.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
It takes 0 seconds on pretty much any other game that didn't make such a stupid design choice.
If we always make excuses for mediocrity and bad decisions then they'll continue doing it.
Its definitely a bad decision but I suppose the way to look at it is that at least they are rectifying that decision, rather than just sticking up two fingers and walking away :)

Soldato
due to the price, not wanting to play on my PS5/Series X at sub 30, and not having a good enough PC (Xeon quad core (not enough), 3060Ti (probably ok) I thought I'd re-buy Dragons Dogma Dark Arisen on PC/Steam rather than the 30fps Xbox version I'd tried that was a bit laggy for my liking

very pleasantly surprised at the graphics and gameplay - £3 will keep me Dragons Dogma interested enough whilst I await the new one to be patched

runs solid 60fps downscaled from 1440p to 1080p

I can see many of the mechanics etc from the new one so don't feel like I'm missing out on TOO much

Man of Honour
due to the price, not wanting to play on my PS5/Series X at sub 30, and not having a good enough PC (Xeon quad core (not enough), 3060Ti (probably ok) I thought I'd re-buy Dragons Dogma Dark Arisen on PC/Steam rather than the 30fps Xbox version I'd tried that was a bit laggy for my liking

very pleasantly surprised at the graphics and gameplay - £3 will keep me Dragons Dogma interested enough whilst I await the new one to be patched

runs solid 60fps downscaled from 1440p to 1080p

I can see many of the mechanics etc from the new one so don't feel like I'm missing out on TOO much
DD Dark Arisen is still a very good game today, especially for less than the price of 1 burger.

Back
Top Bottom