Dune: Part 2 (2024)

Soldato
I would say 8/10.

Incredibly well shot, I think very good adaptation of the thing it was based on (although they excluded the more far out elements). Chalamet was better in this but still don't think he was the right casting choice and whilst Zendaya can perform the 2 tone expression of her in this film, angry and not angry did drag it down.

Still, if you have a decent setup to watch it is spectacular and a true cinema experience.

Soldato
Very good but not great. Everyone i know personally (including my wife) were unhappy with one thing, that the end battle was far too short. We wanted to see the worms wreck some ****!! But it was over all too quickly. nearly 5 hours of build up for what seemed like 5 mins?

But apart from that, it was great

Man of Honour
Anyone still obsessed, this is the best compilation of the main theme I've found so far. A simple enough job of cutting them all together, but hearing the evolution of it back to back is just sublime.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I’m sort of surprised YT are any good. I usually choose Apple for the same reason.

Google have all the servers, I guess. It's kind of weird to me how good they are, given how rubbish YouTube is at pushing its movie service. It's not somewhere I'd have thought of particularly, but I got Dune 1 from there and I was so impressed - a clear and dramatic step up from Netflix, yet alone Prime level.

Soldato
Visually it was brilliant and so was the score.

Unfortunately I just didn’t care about any of the characters and the violence wasn’t violent so I found myself not particularly impressed.

It wasn’t terrible, just a little meh and a smidge above average.

6/10 for me

Soldato
Got around to watching it, few things before I forget.
1. Begining seem to drag quite a bit
2. Raban came across as a wimp. Did he he also kiss feyds boot in the book?
3. I thought feyd didn't come across as great fighter in the books hence he needed opponents to be drugged? But here he bested Paul until somehow he took the knife out from his wound and stabbed feyd?
3a. Where was howart who was conspiring with feyd?
4. No count fenring?
5. There was mention of jinn, was it in the book? Due to it being mentioned, should have had made the voices come at Paul.
6. Pretty sure chani didn't slap Paul in the book and no one blinked, this guy is THE One.
7. Walken was such a bad choice, he looked like a corpse. Did not look intimidating even 1%.
8. Ending was rushed, probably because of the beginning dragging.
9. No interaction between gurney and Jessica?
10. Wasn't Aliya already born when they rushed the emperor?

Imo Part 1 > Part 2

Man of Honour
I did notice stuff missing from the movie vs the books

Did I miss it or no mention of the spacing Guild or Guild navigators?
Part one mentions navigators (cost of the traveling to Caladan for the Arrakis handover formalities) but I don't think part two did. Would there have been a point where they should have added it, without having to include whole other areas of plot?

Last edited:

SPG

SPG

Soldato
All valId points....we are at the movies now, you could go down the rabbit hole and a 8 part TV series to explain more.

Soldato
Just watching the first couple of minutes on home release (LG OLED TV) and it's weird but the colour balance seems completely different than what I remember in the cinema (saw it twice). The scenes (so far) on Arrakis are a much more saturated orange colour. Will watch again probably at the weekend but it stood out to me immediately.

Soldato
Just watching the first couple of minutes on home release (LG OLED TV) and it's weird but the colour balance seems completely different than what I remember in the cinema (saw it twice). The scenes (so far) on Arrakis are a much more saturated orange colour. Will watch again probably at the weekend but it stood out to me immediately.
Streaming?

Could it be the compression?

Soldato
I thought the same when comparing Dune at home v Dune 2 at cinema, at home/in Dune their eyes were quite blue, wasn't the same in the cinema. TV settings perhaps.

Soldato
Streaming?

Could it be the compression?

Streaming yes, but the image is pin sharp, I don’t think it’s severely compressed.

I thought the same when comparing Dune at home v Dune 2 at cinema, at home/in Dune their eyes were quite blue, wasn't the same in the cinema. TV settings perhaps.

Interesting. Could be a setting. I’ll mess around with it later.

Soldato
I also watched this twice, I thought the second time was actually quicker, perhaps because I knew what was coming?

Didn't find an issue with the pace on second watch, nothing dragged on.

Back
Top Bottom