• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The RT Related Games, Benchmarks, Software, Etc Thread.

Soldato
Input lag will be pretty nasty :p
Is not ideal, but is pretty ok. After all... people play(ed) at 30fps and below on consoles with a nastier IQ and still bought the hardware (consoles) and software (games). Still do. Bottom line, you can custom make your experience based on your needs.

Last edited:
Caporegime
For me it's pretty simple, for my needs/wants, no gpu below a 4080 and going forward, more so 4090 level of perf is good enough (I game at 4k and 3440x1440 175hz and love my RT [which has been and is in 95+% of games I play) so I simply rather save up longer to get a better gpu than a 4070/7900/7800xt. If I absolutely had to pick though, DLSS alone swings it in favour of nvidia for the simple fact, you either use upscaling or you make significant sacrifices to graphical settings in order to achieve the same uplift that upscaling would provide, until FSR is sorted, this will not change. XESS is good but it's problem is the slow uptake in games. TSR is better than FSR too but again, limited game support.

I think if you're going to spend £900 (7900 XTX) then might as well save up that extra 10% and get a 4080S, that i will agree with, there is no real difference in Raster performance, the RT is a lot higher on the 4080S no matter what you do and yes DLSS.
I agree at that sort of price range the 7900 XTX is not competitive, as i often say in the CPU room why would you buy the 14700K / 14900K for gaming when the 7800X3D exists?
Why would you buy the 7900 XTX when the 4080S exists?
It probably why there will be no high end AMD GPU next gen, AMD simply cannot compete.

Having said that there it a huge difference between £470, £550 or £600 and £1000, one simply cannot save as much as they have again.
And for me at the time £480 was a lot better than £600 when the cheaper card is actually just as fast as an £800 4070 Ti in raster when 24/7 clocked and at worst, IE Cyberpunk with RT settings with FPS in the teens just as good at the 4060 Ti 16GB which costs around the same, better at playable FPS.

Its a no brainer

Last edited:
Soldato
But but but it's a gimmick! :cry:

It's things like this which will hopefully lead to even more immersive games.
I do want to see graphics improving but if the majority don't see the worth or can't afford it then it's not going to go anywhere fast. So get in contact with Jen who decides the prices as you know AMD will come in slightly lower and we can all benefit. Have to admit this thread is gold even with my mistype and reading comp hahaha.

If AMD can improve there RT and upscaling they are still gonna price under Nvidia as i still think Brand wise Nvidia could be slower and still out sell AMD if the gap is small enough. We are screwed either way so they should just get on and give us full power..

Last edited:

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I do want to see graphics improving but if the majority don't see the worth or can't afford it then it's not going to go anywhere fast. So get in contact with Jen who decides the prices as you know AMD will come in slightly lower and we can all benefit. Have to admit this thread is gold even with my mistype and reading comp hahaha.

If AMD can improve there RT and upscaling they are still gonna price under Nvidia as i still think Brand wise Nvidia could be slower and still out sell AMD if the gap is small enough. We are screwed either way so they should just get on and give us full power..

I don't mind if games are pushing things forward. Even if I can't justify the price. All it means is one has to wait a couple of years, buy said game for less than a third the price fully beta tested.

AMD pricing it a few quid under Nvidia is the reason they never sell well. They should ignore Nvidia and sell it for what it's really worth like they used to back in the day.

Love what is being done with RTX Remix. In a few years we should have a lot of old games redone using it. As I love replaying old games this is such a cool thing to have imo.

Last edited:
Caporegime

RB4ejG4.png

Improved TSR upscaling
Optimizations for shader compilation, resulting in faster loading times
Support for Vulkan Ray Tracing. Vulkan now has parity with DX12, also means support for ray tracing on Linux
Hardware ray tracing in Unreal Engine 5.4 is 15% faster than 5.3
Marvel 1943: Rise of Hydra is one of the first games that takes advantage of Unreal Engine 5.4

The future is bright! :cool:

Last edited:
Soldato
AFOP on the Snowdrop engine is the way it's meant to be played.

You want RT'ing ramp it up but you need the beef to run it, or turn it down and it doesn't kill FPS-advantage Nv

You want the best textures ramp it up but you need the vram to run it, or turn it down to fit your vram budget and it doesn't kill frame times-advantage AMD.

AMD were holding the keys though so we'll see what SWO brings to the table when it's Nv's turn.

Caporegime

RB4ejG4.png

Nice... i was looking forward to 5.4, a lot of improvements, now to port my work over....

Soldato

RB4ejG4.png

The matrix demo was running twice as fast now - it was mentioned in the YouTube presentation. Nice :)

Soldato

RB4ejG4.png

Faster loading but not less stuttering

Caporegime
Soldato
Why would you buy the 7900 XTX when the 4080S exists?
Wouldn't buy any of them today tbh at those prices, waaaaaay to late in the current gen life to be commanding anywhere near that money/value considering likely next gen exclusive tech on both vendors to make it an even worse purchase now.

£699 and £799 tops respectively if buying today and even at that a 79GRE would be more likely to make me buy, however that would push down the stack and they can't be having that.

Reactions: TNA
Back
Top Bottom