Sofas...are dfs any good?

Caporegime
Hai guys,

I need to buy a large sofa.

Now unfortunately, I don't have the funds to pay outright for one, but financing it I have no problems with (can pay off large chunks each month to) but anyway, the only real place I know of that do nice looking sofas is DFS.

Are their sofas any good? or should I look elsewhere? I'm after a 3 seater leather one and maybe a matching 2 seater as well.

Any suggestions to buy from are welcome :)

Cheers,
Jake

Soldato
Why the wink?

You are talking to someone who is buying furniture for his first own home...so I apologise if I am being ignorant.

because i forgot to hold shift.

My Parents went to Reids for there recent sofa and got an ex display model for half price was suppose to be £2400 and got it for £1200 and that includes a 3 seater, 2 seater, chair and footstool.

Caporegime
OP
because i forgot to hold shift.

My Parents went to Reids for there recent sofa and got an ex display model for half price was suppose to be £2400 and got it for £1200 and that includes a 3 seater, 2 seater, chair and footstool.

Ah kay, cool :)

Really? Nice...looking on their website now, some nice stuff on there. Shall have to checkout a local showroom. (Just seen they are at the other side of the country...dammit!)

Man of Honour
Cheap junk for desperate people - avoid.

If you cant afford to buy a sofa is trying to finance a leather one really a good idea? Just find a less exotic sofa that you can afford? :confused:

Caporegime
[TW]Fox;18614978 said:
Cheap junk for desperate people - avoid.

If you cant afford to buy a sofa is trying to finance a leather one really a good idea? Just find a less exotic sofa that you can afford? :confused:

Ah the voice of experience. How many new home owners can go out and buy a sofa outright that would last for a few years?

Man of Honour
I think my point was pretty reasonable - I'm sure you can buy a decent sofa that wont fall apart but costs less than a leather one!

Caporegime
[TW]Fox;18615002 said:
I think my point was pretty reasonable - I'm sure you can buy a decent sofa that wont fall apart but costs less than a leather one!

Of course you can, but you are still looking at a significant outlay for a half decent new sofa. Something that a lot of new home owners cannot afford to do.

Man of Honour
Of course you can, but you are still looking at a significant outlay for a half decent new sofa. Something that a lot of new home owners cannot afford to do.

Phate is not a new home owner, he is moving into a house bought by somebody else, at least thats what he said last time :)

I'm not sure why you are arguing with me - all I'm suggesting is that perhaps a leather sofa isn't the best idea, especially if you have to buy it from somebody like DFS, where they rack the price up high to fund the fact it's 'interest free'.

If he was a new home owner a leather sofa would make even less sense, not more :p

Back
Top Bottom